Seasonistas jamming with Seasonistas

I'm loving all the songs you did together at UWC, Alan, Dennis, Rex and Fil!
You must keep that quartet going—what's the geographic midpoint between your homes?

You must keep that quartet going—what's the geographic midpoint between your homes?

I think UWC is pretty close to the midpoint. The only thing better than playing the ukulele is playing the ukulele with friends!

I think UWC is pretty close to the midpoint. The only thing better than playing the ukulele is playing the ukulele with friends!

I'll double check on this Fil, but I'm pretty sure that Roanoke, VA is probably the closest location to the geographic center for our respective locations. ;)

Last edited:

Thanks Ginny! We did have a heck of a lot of fun! Fil is probably right about UWC and it's centrality. Of course, "Seasonista Epicenter" might be more accurate than "geographic midpoint." :shaka::cheers::music::nana:

I wonder...is anyone going to be geographically near Cape May NJ next week? We'll be at the beach there late Tues to Fri a.m. :)

I wonder...is anyone going to be geographically near Cape May NJ next week? We'll be at the beach there late Tues to Fri a.m. :)

Dang, a bit too far for me to go on a weeknight. Enjoy your time in Cape May!

He Was A Friend Of Mine - The Danners and Fil Wisneski

Evelyn and I were thrilled to have Fil Wisneski drop in for a quick visit to Roanoke while he was on his return trip back to NJ. Fil got here in time Thursday to join us for our weekly strum night for the Star City Ukulele Circle (Roanoke, VA, USA), and several of us did some additional jamming here at our home afterwards.

We had hoped to do something that would work for Pa's SOTU 254, but we just couldn't come up with the "right" song for the 3 of us that met the theme requirements. We opted instead to do an old favorite which lends itself nicely to harmonies. Hopefully, I can still get something in for 254 in the next day or two.

We had a blast while Fil was here, and want any other traveling Seasonistas to know that the door is always open at the Danner's home. Drop in anytime, "IF" you have your uke with you! :)

We hope you enjoy: He Was A Friend Of Mine

Just sat TCK's Ukey tribute on this song that got the Ukey Dave treatment more than once.

Peace and love

Last June, I arrived at Ukulele World Congress on Tuesday evening and found Alan Thorton and Joey Gibson rehearsing together. I wormed my way in. :) Joey scrolled through my iPad songbook and found "Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key". Turns out we all love that song, so we tried it out and the results made me high as a kite.

Later in the week, when the opportunity arose to play at a local art gallery, we joined forces again, this time bolstered by Jazzbanjorex. We had such fun playing together, we decided to get a slot for the Saturday night open mic. With "Way Over Yonder" still ringing in my head, I insisted we do that one, and Rex offered up "Shady Grove".

I think we got on stage sometime after 1 a.m. Two songs & out, but I could have played with these guys all night. I know I don't participate too often these days, but thank you SOTU for making this collaboration happen.

- FiL

This was great fun!
You fellahs made this my best UWC ever.

Last June, I arrived at Ukulele World Congress on Tuesday evening and found Alan Thorton and Joey Gibson rehearsing together. I wormed my way in. :) Joey scrolled through my iPad songbook and found "Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key". Turns out we all love that song, so we tried it out and the results made me high as a kite.

Later in the week, when the opportunity arose to play at a local art gallery, we joined forces again, this time bolstered by Jazzbanjorex. We had such fun playing together, we decided to get a slot for the Saturday night open mic. With "Way Over Yonder" still ringing in my head, I insisted we do that one, and Rex offered up "Shady Grove".

I think we got on stage sometime after 1 a.m. Two songs & out, but I could have played with these guys all night. I know I don't participate too often these days, but thank you SOTU for making this collaboration happen.

- FiL

- FiL

That was great fellas! Lovely to see you all performing together on stage! Terrific!

Sometimes I almost think the ukulele is just a vehicle for meeting great people. I know I can say I have met quite a few of those through connections started here.

I was privileged to spend most of last week with the Ukelites, and it was fantastic playing music and hanging around with them. The video below is a collaboration we recorded in one of our locations. If you can correctly identify the location, there is a prize for you.

Sometimes I almost think the ukulele is just a vehicle for meeting great people. I know I can say I have met quite a few of those through connections started here.

I was privileged to spend most of last week with the Ukelites, and it was fantastic playing music and hanging around with them. The video below is a collaboration we recorded in one of our locations. If you can correctly identify the location, there is a prize for you.

New Mexico or Linda Louden's backyard? ;)

Top Bottom