Seasonistas jamming with Seasonistas

Sometimes I almost think the ukulele is just a vehicle for meeting great people. I know I can say I have met quite a few of those through connections started here.

I was privileged to spend most of last week with the Ukelites, and it was fantastic playing music and hanging around with them. The video below is a collaboration we recorded in one of our locations. If you can correctly identify the location, there is a prize for you.

Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park?

Ah, yes! Just hear to listen to you listen to you two songbirds once again! Looking forward to seeing you in the next little bit. Yoicks and away!

Myrna Ukelele and me! Here at my place! Off to Cheltenham together for UFGB Ukulele Festival of Great Britain tomorrow!

This for Season 226...

Nope, sorry. Wrong state.

Valley of Fire State Park and Red Rock Canyon Nevada.

or my other guess is... based on the guess that that is an oak tree.

Red Rock State Park is a state park of Arizona, USA, featuring a red sandstone canyon
outside the city of Sedona. The main mission of this day-use park is the preservation of
the riparian habitat along Oak Creek.

Last edited:
Valley of Fire State Park and Red Rock Canyon Nevada.

or my other guess is... based on the guess that that is an oak tree.

Red Rock State Park is a state park of Arizona, USA, featuring a red sandstone canyon
outside the city of Sedona. The main mission of this day-use park is the preservation of
the riparian habitat along Oak Creek.

To be honest, there was a lot of uke playing in Sedona last weekend, but this video was not shot there. Thanks.

The Grand Canyon?
Whoa - just wild guessing here.

Winner winner chicken dinner! You got it Brian!

And this is actually at Phantom Ranch at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Miri, Steffen and I hiked down there one day, stayed a couple of nights and made this video, and then hiked out. What a fantastic trip!!!! The particular view is looking down Bright Angel Creek (to Steffen's side) towards the Colorado River.

Brian, PM me your address, and thanks!

Captured at the Grand Northern Ukulele Festival, Huddersfield, England, on May 7th. A fine bunch of Seasonistas, with no rehearsal time. You'd never know...
Thanks to Michael & Saskia (We Tigers) for this recording.

Last edited:
Captured at the Grand Northern Ukulele Festival, Huddersfield, England, on May 7th. A fine bunch of Seasonistas, with no rehearsal time. You'd never know...

How fantastic was that! Wonderful! And I couldn't be there! Dear oh dear oh dear! Well done you lot!

Recovering Bassist did a terrific version of "Mohair Sam" over on Season 274, and he allowed me to join in and add on. I added an electric piano, bass, and drums and some mixing magic. I think he did an amazing job, in the key of E, no less!

I interrupt this season to announce that Season 275 is posted. Please don't forget the start time.

Now back to Season 274. Plenty time to bring some more videos.

Blimey! I look like I've been shot!

Top Bottom