Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Seasonistas jamming with Seasonistas

Tonight I sat in with Seasonsitas Greg, AJ & Shannon, as well as harp player Lee, and Andy on the Cajon!

Last edited by Harry122; 06-12-2017 at 03:50 AM.
    Randy - Harry122

Here's another from last week's show, on account of the fact that it's Greg's (Forte555) birthday today! Happy birthday Greg!

Randy - Harry122

A gig last night with Forté & AJ and the group!

Randy - Harry122

Just back from a great weekend at The Grand Northern Ukulele Festival (GNUF) in Huddersfield. A fun time was had by all, with some amazing acts from all over the world to entertain us.
    Myrna made it all the way from Alaska again, and buzzed from workshop to workshop, ending up on stage with one ensemble.
    Mike Flaherty & We Tigers combined to do a beautiful set of Radiohead covers (a lady behind me started to cry, for all the right reasons - it was that good).
    Krabbers & Caroline did a fantastic job running the Unplugthewood stage.
    The Ukelites were sublime as ever.
    And I finally got to meet John, better known around here as OneManAndHisUke. We tried to find a quiet corner, and failed, so apologies for the background rumble, but here we are playing a song that John heard for the first time about two minutes before I switched the camera on.

Last edited by YorkSteve; 05-14-2018 at 12:14 AM. Reason: How could I forget the Ukelites!!
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Just back from a great weekend at The Grand Northern Ukulele Festival (GNUF) in Huddersfield. A fun time was had by all, with some amazing acts from all over the world to entertain us.
    Myrna made it all the way from Alaska again, and buzzed from workshop to workshop, ending up on stage with one ensemble.
    Mike Flaherty & We Tigers combined to do a beautiful set of Radiohead covers (a lady behind me started to cry, for all the right reasons - it was that good).
    Krabbers & Caroline did a fantastic job running the Unplugthewood stage.
    And I finally got to meet John, better known around here as OneManAndHisUke. We tried to find a quiet corner, and failed, so apologies for the background rumble, but here we are playing a song that John heard for the first time about two minutes before I switched the camera on.

Yay! Thanks Steve. It was a lot of fun. My first time at GNUF ( it won’t be my last) my first time eating Polish food (it won’t be my last) my first collab with a fellow Seasonista (it won’t be my last ) . So tempted to buy one of those Wurzel and Aunt Sally (or whatever it is) ukes that BEV plays so beautifully on here, but some how I resisted. Fab weekend of music, my own personal highlights, Bad Mouse Orchestra, The HotPotato Syncopaters, The Ukelites (natch) , the brilliant Grabit and Bang, and the awesome Amelia Coburn. There were a few “solo singer with just a Uke” performers over the weekend, but she was just something else.

HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Yes, that's Amelia. Quirky covers of 70s & 80s hits that she found in her Dad's record collection, and a few of her own songs too. But sadly, she's not going to be around for a while, unless you happen to be in Paris, Mexico or Russia - she is a languages student, and is off to study abroad for 18 months.
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Fab stuff, Steve and John ... how lovely to see you playing together!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Thread Information