Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Seasonistas jamming with Seasonistas

Just sat TCK's Ukey tribute on this song that got the Ukey Dave treatment more than once.

Peace and love
    It's the songs, isn't it?

Last June, I arrived at Ukulele World Congress on Tuesday evening and found Alan Thorton and Joey Gibson rehearsing together. I wormed my way in. Joey scrolled through my iPad songbook and found "Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key". Turns out we all love that song, so we tried it out and the results made me high as a kite.

Later in the week, when the opportunity arose to play at a local art gallery, we joined forces again, this time bolstered by Jazzbanjorex. We had such fun playing together, we decided to get a slot for the Saturday night open mic. With "Way Over Yonder" still ringing in my head, I insisted we do that one, and Rex offered up "Shady Grove".

I think we got on stage sometime after 1 a.m. Two songs & out, but I could have played with these guys all night. I know I don't participate too often these days, but thank you SOTU for making this collaboration happen.

- FiL

This was great fun!
    You fellahs made this my best UWC ever.

Quote Originally Posted by FiL View Post
    Last June, I arrived at Ukulele World Congress on Tuesday evening and found Alan Thorton and Joey Gibson rehearsing together. I wormed my way in. Joey scrolled through my iPad songbook and found "Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key". Turns out we all love that song, so we tried it out and the results made me high as a kite.

Later in the week, when the opportunity arose to play at a local art gallery, we joined forces again, this time bolstered by Jazzbanjorex. We had such fun playing together, we decided to get a slot for the Saturday night open mic. With "Way Over Yonder" still ringing in my head, I insisted we do that one, and Rex offered up "Shady Grove".

I think we got on stage sometime after 1 a.m. Two songs & out, but I could have played with these guys all night. I know I don't participate too often these days, but thank you SOTU for making this collaboration happen.

- FiL
    It's the songs, isn't it?

PDX Seasonistas on Elliot Brood's "The Valley Town"

PDX Seasonistas and others do some Ramones

PDX Seasonistas reggae cover of Junior Murvin's "Police and Thieves"

Quote Originally Posted by FiL View Post

- FiL
    That was great fellas! Lovely to see you all performing together on stage! Terrific!
    Favourite uke - DJ Morgan long neck soprano
    Favourite banjo uke - vintage Gibson UB2

My blog lifesaukafrolic.blogspot.co.uk

Sometimes I almost think the ukulele is just a vehicle for meeting great people. I know I can say I have met quite a few of those through connections started here.

I was privileged to spend most of last week with the Ukelites, and it was fantastic playing music and hanging around with them. The video below is a collaboration we recorded in one of our locations. If you can correctly identify the location, there is a prize for you.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie44 View Post
    Sometimes I almost think the ukulele is just a vehicle for meeting great people. I know I can say I have met quite a few of those through connections started here.

I was privileged to spend most of last week with the Ukelites, and it was fantastic playing music and hanging around with them. The video below is a collaboration we recorded in one of our locations. If you can correctly identify the location, there is a prize for you.

New Mexico or Linda Louden's backyard?

Quote Originally Posted by turtledrum View Post
    New Mexico or Linda Louden's backyard?
    I can't give credit for either of those, but thanks for guessing.

Thread Information