Seasonistas jamming with Seasonistas

Tonight I sat in with Seasonsitas Greg, AJ & Shannon, as well as harp player Lee, and Andy on the Cajon!

Last edited:
Here's another from last week's show, on account of the fact that it's Greg's (Forte555) birthday today! Happy birthday Greg!

Just back from a great weekend at The Grand Northern Ukulele Festival (GNUF) in Huddersfield. A fun time was had by all, with some amazing acts from all over the world to entertain us.
Myrna made it all the way from Alaska again, and buzzed from workshop to workshop, ending up on stage with one ensemble.
Mike Flaherty & We Tigers combined to do a beautiful set of Radiohead covers (a lady behind me started to cry, for all the right reasons - it was that good).
Krabbers & Caroline did a fantastic job running the Unplugthewood stage.
The Ukelites were sublime as ever.
And I finally got to meet John, better known around here as OneManAndHisUke. We tried to find a quiet corner, and failed, so apologies for the background rumble, but here we are playing a song that John heard for the first time about two minutes before I switched the camera on.

Last edited:
Just back from a great weekend at The Grand Northern Ukulele Festival (GNUF) in Huddersfield. A fun time was had by all, with some amazing acts from all over the world to entertain us.
Myrna made it all the way from Alaska again, and buzzed from workshop to workshop, ending up on stage with one ensemble.
Mike Flaherty & We Tigers combined to do a beautiful set of Radiohead covers (a lady behind me started to cry, for all the right reasons - it was that good).
Krabbers & Caroline did a fantastic job running the Unplugthewood stage.
And I finally got to meet John, better known around here as OneManAndHisUke. We tried to find a quiet corner, and failed, so apologies for the background rumble, but here we are playing a song that John heard for the first time about two minutes before I switched the camera on.

Yay! Thanks Steve. It was a lot of fun. My first time at GNUF ( it won’t be my last) my first time eating Polish food (it won’t be my last) my first collab with a fellow Seasonista (it won’t be my last :D) . So tempted to buy one of those Wurzel and Aunt Sally (or whatever it is) ukes that BEV plays so beautifully on here, but some how I resisted. Fab weekend of music, my own personal highlights, Bad Mouse Orchestra, The HotPotato Syncopaters, The Ukelites (natch) , the brilliant Grabit and Bang, and the awesome Amelia Coburn. There were a few “solo singer with just a Uke” performers over the weekend, but she was just something else.

Yes, that's Amelia. Quirky covers of 70s & 80s hits that she found in her Dad's record collection, and a few of her own songs too. But sadly, she's not going to be around for a while, unless you happen to be in Paris, Mexico or Russia - she is a languages student, and is off to study abroad for 18 months.

Fab stuff, Steve and John ... how lovely to see you playing together!

This thread for Seasonistas who get together has been dormant for quite a while. Some of these people haven't been around in some time.

This is technically only one Seasonista jamming but it is me jamming with musicians from another musical community I'm very proud to be a part of.

Couple months ago I posted a cover of a local band, Marinated in Sarcasm. They're regulars at Alleycats Open Mic, a night I've been going to for the best part of 10 years. Not long after a back and forth between and the guitarist Toby happened as he really likes my song Doomsday Prepping and Neil, the singer, had heard me run through the riff of Plug In Baby by Muse while sound checking one night. So the set chose itself.

A quick rehearsal between me and Toby to flesh out the structure then another with Neil involved the day before the show and we were ready. Here was the result.

Here's me and _mourningdove jamming on this Roxette classic (virtually). It's mostly done, but I either need to learn the rest of the piano parts during the interlude or I might compose / improvise a little uke solo before the chorus returns for the key change.

_Mourningdove and I are back with this Pearl Jam cover of a cover. The last few songs we've covered doesn't really fit into any of the latest seasons, but figured we'd share them anyway.

Top Bottom