Seasonistas jamming with Seasonistas

Here's a new one. uke4ia and I were 'jamming together', except separated by 2700 miles and a day or two in time. This was a bonus in Season 87.

Is that sensational, or what? UkeyDave in the English Midlands and Lelouden in Arizona.

Singing between continents, that's how powerful Seasonistas are!

Greenie44 posted a lovely collaboration with Barbablance and Uke4ia over on Season 95 and The Island, prompting this question from me:

I was thinking to one day host a season of collaborations with other Seasonistas. Few things make me happier than seeing this kind of connection being produced behind the scenes. Very inspiring! What a wonderful world we live in that lets us do this kind of thing across the continents, and share it with a whole community of others in far-flung places and times. What a lovely thing to wake up to.

Who would you most want to collaborate with in my mythical future Season? What song would you do?

- Wendy

Last edited:
Curiously the guy I'd love to collaborate with is online right now. In fact there is only he and I viewing this thread, right now. Hi there Brian! (Pabizzer) - Did you ever come up with a melody for those lyrics I sent you? If they didn't inspire you, I assure you I have more ;)

And Mike F, if you ever read this. When will you ever finish you full band version of our Train song? ;)

Who would you most want to collaborate with in my mythical future Season? What song would you do?

- Wendy

Here's the video Wendy mentioned. It's a collaboration between Barbablanca, Greenie44, and me. It certainly belongs in this thread.

For me, the issue is that I have minimal video editing software and editing ability, so I would need to collaborate with someone who could edit the pieces together. Rick did that expertly on this collaboration.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use the equipment and software I do own. This video was the first time (in four tries over the past year) that I successfully managed to run my uke through the effects processor module in my Yamaha MOX6 synthesizer. The solo was done using a "Compressor Distortion Delay" effect in the synth.

Last edited:
Wait..can I come? Please? I promise I will behave (fingers crossed behind back). That is the single best video ever posted in the seasons...OH WHAT A NIGHT. My god I wanna be part of that.

First of all, that would be nothing short of a dream come true.
and, B, I think Myrna will be in Portland sometime in Jan (?), so get your hind quarters up here then and let the party commence.
And thirdly, I'm hoping to be in the Bay Area sometime in January, sans family, when I can do as I please. Need I say more?

Here's another collaboration, this time with decateurcomp. Alan and I had been discussing doing a different song on the same Dylan album when the Mexico theme came up, and this fit right in.

Had a deuce of a time getting the synch close (still not perfect) and there is a bit of distortion in the audio, but I think it came out OK.

Here is a compilation video that works perfect with the theme of week 99. Jazzbanjorex (Rex) sent me a video with him jamming barre chords with added drums to "Tequila". I took it from there and added a melody, bass, pot lid and clapping. Did some (well, a whole lot) of video editing and here it is...

Here's TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, Librainian and I doing She's So Cold for Season 101. We had a blast!

Here's Canoe Lady and I doing John Prine's "In Spite Of Ourselves" in Maui last week. :)

Hmm, somehow I neglected to post this second collaboration with decaturcomp. I like this one a fair amount.

Thanks for the reminder, Rick. I too forgot to post this video Rex and I made Groundhog Day / Super Bowl weekend for Fred's blues week - my first ever long-distance Seasonista collaboration.

I had this idea to do "(Get Your Kicks on) Route 66" ... but I don't live on Route 66 - I live on the equally historic but less well-known Lincoln Highway. Historic because it was the first fully coast-to-coast connected US driving road, completed in 1913, thirteen years before Route 66. Less well known because it doesn't have a kick-ass popular song like "Route 66". Here's my attempt to rectify that.

I found this kick-ass hopefully-soon-to-be-popular song "Goin' Down the Lincoln Highway" by the charming and talented Nils Anders Erickson, my new friend in Omaha (midpoint of the Lincoln Highway, and the apex of its centennial celebration last summer). And ... as I'd hoped, it has pretty much the same chord structure as "Route 66", and a similar storyline - endpoints, miles, place names along the way. Precisely what I went looking for ... the perfect song to mash up with "Route 66".

So here's "Route 66 vs Lincoln Highway", starring the charming and talented JazzBanjoRex (in Tulsa on Route 66) and me (in NJ on Lincoln Highway):

Thanks, Ginny, for starting this thread! :) A great idea!!! Well, I hope Eric won't mind me posting this one that he and I did together! He did all of the work, though! I was so excited to be a part of this with him -- he's such an incredible musician and a super person! Thank you, Eric, for this fantastic experience on a collab project! I hope to do more!

Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight"

Thanks to Rick for suggesting these collabs and doing all of the difficult and creative work. I think this one is my fave so far. Happy Birthday George!

Perhaps we could have a list of people who would like to do collaborations with other seasonistas? What do you think?

Top Bottom