Seasonistas jamming with Seasonistas

Perhaps we could have a list of people who would like to do collaborations with other seasonistas? What do you think?

Or, you could PM any Seasonista to initiate a private conversation about doing a collaboration. Then, if it works out, it will be a nice surprise in this thread. If it isn't a match, no one else need know about it.

Short clip of a few seasonistas at our SEUKERS jam today. Rebecca and Jay, Mike was there but not singing due to a thirst emergency it seems and I was playing but quit to run the camera. We were thinking about Johnny Cash and did a couple of songs of his today.

Let's Talk Dirty in Hawaiian

Wendy and I (aka Uke Can 2!) in our first live performance together a couple of weeks ago:

- FiL

Ginny and her wonderful husband, Craig came to visit us in Decatur, GA. Cool, right?

But, wait! There's more!!

Skidoo, Decaturcomp, Ginny, Terri Thornton and Craig Turner...
Quote of the day from Ginny:
"Yay! I'm in a BAND!"

Thanks friends,

...and, wasn't that a mighty time?

Last edited:
Frisbee Fred visited me all the way from Vermont and now we can share the fun we had here.

I had so much fun. Mike and his wife could not have been more gracious or better hosts. Y'all don't realize how good a musician he really is. I learned a lot playing with him for a couple hours.

I had so much fun. Mike and his wife could not have been more gracious or better hosts. Y'all don't realize how good a musician he really is. I learned a lot playing with him for a couple hours.
I mentioned over on the 'Seasonista of the year' voting thread how there was some very talented people on here who rarely get a mention and Mike is one of them. He does the bizzness up and down and all over that uke !!

Great job guys

Last edited:
Very cool playing, Fred and sidekick!

Seasonistas, if you wish to have a lively shared uking time, get thee to Alan's man cave in Decatur!
He's a great host and he makes your playing sound better than ever.

P1030774.jpg

Last edited:

Okay NOW Frisbee Fred and Decaturcomp sing Barbablanca....

(As you may know, I don't even do one thing at a time well and I was juggling a few things in a hurry, sorry)

Okay NOW Frisbee Fred and Decaturcomp sing Barbablanca....

(As you may know, I don't even do one thing at a time well and I was juggling a few things in a hurry, sorry)
That was such a blast playing with you today. I highly encourage Seasonistas to stop off at Alan and Terry's for some great fellowship and ukeing!

Last edited:
That was such a blast playing with you today. I highly encourage Seasonistas to stop off at Alan and Terry's for some great fellowship and ukeing!
Would love to "stop off" but it's a bit off the beat and track for me. There is a small matter of that little pond called the Atlantis Ocean standing in the way and my swimming ain't THAT good. ;-)

My dad sent me a link to this article you may find interesting regarding a new site it beta for virtual jamming with friends over the internet

http://www.acousticguitar.com/News/Online-Jam-Platform-JamKazam-Opens-for-Beta

I did a little reading up on it and it sounds promising enough to experiment with. A couple of caveats though:

1. You really need a DI type recording device with an ASIO driver interface like M-AUdio or Behringer etc

2. A 64 bit OS

3. You need a pretty low latency connection between the participants for it to be much fun I think.

The ability to record and share your jam is pretty cool though!

Last edited:
There used to be a similar service offered by ASCAP called 'Virtual Glass' but they shut it down back in 2009. I don't remember why.

It's very cool to see something like this, which I have just started to look for today, so your timing in posting this could not be more perfect! :)

My only concern is if you use this for your original compositions, and they store the recordings, who OWNS the recordings? or the rights to the recordings?

I'm going to have to read their signup terms very carefully.

If it's like Facebook's policy, if you read the fine print in their terms of service, when you click the 'I Agree' button, you assign full and unrestricted usage rights to ALL content that you upload to Facebook, all your photos, videos and text content -- you grant them the rights to use however they want without your explicit permission or ability to object to the use.

This has been documented a few times, and one example was where they used someone's baby photos in their advertising, without permission of the owner of the photos. That's just bad practice, but I guess it's par for the course when you have to remember that if the 'service' is totally free, then there is some catch, and that catch is usually that YOU are the product being sold either to advertisers or to data mining companies. It's truly George Orwell's Big Brother incarnate.

Having said that, the fact that JamKazam intends to offer an upgraded for-pay version of the service, these issues might be a moot point, but maybe something to keep in mind when evaluating something like this.

Thanks for posting this, I am definitely going to give them a good look!

-Booli

My dad sent me a link to this article you may find interesting regarding a new site it beta for virtual jamming with friends over the internet

I did a little reading up on it and it sounds promising enough to experiment with. A couple of caveats though:

1. You really need a DI type recording device with an ASIO driver interface like M-AUdio or Behringer etc

2. A 64 bit OS

3. You need a pretty low latency connection between the participants for it to be much fun I think.

2. A 64 bit OS

They also say there's a 500 mile limit between participants - presumably because of latency at greater distances - so not much use for jamming across oceans which is a pity. No Europe/US/Australia jams :(

I'm glad to hear someone found this useful. Geoff, I agree. I expect that latency is going to be the deciding factor for most. They mention distance but really it's just the quality of your connection and the routing. People with google fiber can probably do this cross country but I doubt an intercontinental jam is going to be feasible.

Top Bottom