Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ukulele duets?

Bloomfield, Michigan & Melbourne, Florida

Default Ukulele duets?

Can anyone point me in the direction of tab written for duets? Or perhaps there is a way to arrange chorded music in 2 somewhat different parts? Seems like it would be a fun way to play together.
    Thanks,

Try here. Though they're often for more than two ukes.
    Howlin' Hobbit -- got uke?
    Howlin' on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Bandcamp

Figured in the many months since this thread was first posted some new stuff might be out there - does anyone have any other links (or book recommendations, for that matter) for instrumental ukulele duet tab (not chords, no vocals, thanks!)?

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Hobbit View Post
    Thanks for that link Howlin. Those are some very nice arrangements.
    Walk softly with your soprano and carry a big spruce tenor stick.

My SoundCloud Channel

Quote Originally Posted by janeray1940 View Post
    Figured in the many months since this thread was first posted some new stuff might be out there - does anyone have any other links (or book recommendations, for that matter) for instrumental ukulele duet tab (not chords, no vocals, thanks!)?
    You should probably write one. A successful author of technical books I once knew, said that finding a hole in the market for a certain type of book was often a good way to find subjects to write one about. Of course it may also be a formula for writing one nobody wants lol.
    Walk softly with your soprano and carry a big spruce tenor stick.

My SoundCloud Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SweetWaterBlue View Post
    You should probably write one. A successful author of technical books I once knew, said that finding a hole in the market for a certain type of book was often a good way to find subjects to write one about. Of course it may also be a formula for writing one nobody wants lol.
    LOL! Was just talking about this with someone far more qualified than myself. He said essentially it would mean writing a book that nobody would buy

Mundelein, Fremont Township, Lake County, Illinois, USA, Earth

I was listening to "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" this morning and I was thinking that it would be nice to find some duet that I could sing and play that would move my wife to sing too.

I've finally gotten good enough on chords that I can play a familiar tune and it gets recognized and people actually jump in with me. What I'm looking for now is something with a distinctively man/woman mix, low/high vocal parts, call and response (like "Baby It's Cold Outside" but not winter/Christmasy).

Anything like that out there? I vaguely remember some other man/woman duets that we would sing in the car when they came on, but I can't remember which songs they are.

I know this is not really much like what you guys were talking about, but it is a duet (smiles sheepishly).
    10 years of saxaphone
    4 years of bassoon
    Frustrated fiddlin' with C Horner Blues Harp Harmonica
    Lanikai LU21 - "Lani"
    Flea Mango Soprano - "Blondie"

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Prop View Post
    What I'm looking for now is something with a distinctively man/woman mix, low/high vocal parts, call and response (like "Baby It's Cold Outside" but not winter/Christmasy)
    When I think of vocal duets the first thing that comes to mind is the Johnny Cash/June Carter Cash record called, appropriately enough, Duets. Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong did several recordings of duets also.

This is a good place to start, using melody line tablature for one uke, and strumming the chords for the second uke.
    –Lori

UkeLeash.com Ukulele Half-Strap, non-destructive ukulele support, no glue, hooks, or strap button required
    Ukulele Gifts! Ukulele Jewelry, Banjo Uke straps, Guitar Style Straps, Circle of Fifths guides

Westside Ukulele Ensemble

This link is now not working (yeah, I know it's been over 2 years). Any ideas where it is? Thanks!
    Christine in Columbus, Ohio

My husband has no idea what's under the bed -
    --------------------------------------------
    Kala Kiwi Pineapple w/sigs (Zsa Zsa)
    Eleuke Peanut - best thing since sliced bread
    Blue Makala Dolphin (car ukulele)
    U900 Rabbit and Bear Soprano/Pineapple (Usagi and Kuma)
    Mainland Mango Pineapple - so sweet!

Thread Information