Song Help Request Ukulele duets?

artcrocker

Reaction score
Bloomfield, Michigan & Melbourne, Florida
Can anyone point me in the direction of tab written for duets? Or perhaps there is a way to arrange chorded music in 2 somewhat different parts? Seems like it would be a fun way to play together.
Thanks,

Figured in the many months since this thread was first posted some new stuff might be out there - does anyone have any other links (or book recommendations, for that matter) for instrumental ukulele duet tab (not chords, no vocals, thanks!)?

Figured in the many months since this thread was first posted some new stuff might be out there - does anyone have any other links (or book recommendations, for that matter) for instrumental ukulele duet tab (not chords, no vocals, thanks!)?

You should probably write one. A successful author of technical books I once knew, said that finding a hole in the market for a certain type of book was often a good way to find subjects to write one about. Of course it may also be a formula for writing one nobody wants lol.

You should probably write one. A successful author of technical books I once knew, said that finding a hole in the market for a certain type of book was often a good way to find subjects to write one about. Of course it may also be a formula for writing one nobody wants lol.

LOL! Was just talking about this with someone far more qualified than myself. He said essentially it would mean writing a book that nobody would buy :)

I was listening to "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" this morning and I was thinking that it would be nice to find some duet that I could sing and play that would move my wife to sing too.

I've finally gotten good enough on chords that I can play a familiar tune and it gets recognized and people actually jump in with me. What I'm looking for now is something with a distinctively man/woman mix, low/high vocal parts, call and response (like "Baby It's Cold Outside" but not winter/Christmasy).

Anything like that out there? I vaguely remember some other man/woman duets that we would sing in the car when they came on, but I can't remember which songs they are.

I know this is not really much like what you guys were talking about, but it is a duet (smiles sheepishly).

What I'm looking for now is something with a distinctively man/woman mix, low/high vocal parts, call and response (like "Baby It's Cold Outside" but not winter/Christmasy)

When I think of vocal duets the first thing that comes to mind is the Johnny Cash/June Carter Cash record called, appropriately enough, Duets. Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong did several recordings of duets also.

Try here. Though they're often for more than two ukes.

This is a good place to start, using melody line tablature for one uke, and strumming the chords for the second uke.
–Lori

Thanks Seanmc, lots of stuff for multi-ukes there.

Top Bottom