Just lost a friend

I feel horrible that I have not been on the site much this last year, so I just saw this. RIP Mike, I had the great fortune of meeting you a few times, what a warm and generous man. I bought my Pineapple Sunday and my travel Ukes from him at his old ebay store.This community has suffered a great loss, I fell so sad for his friends and family, but at least they can be proud of the life he lead. Farewell again Mike.

Last edited:
It will be nine months ago tomorrow that my wife of 39 years joined the Heavenly Choir. She actually got to meet Mike before me. Since a thousand years are as a day, I guess she is just a few seconds ahead of me. I have a monogram that I made for him, but he moved on to a much better place made for him before I sent it. It just hangs in the lid of one of my roll away tool boxes in my shop. He has his name written in The Lamb's Book of Life......incomparably better!!!

Everytime I read notices like this on a forum, even though I didn't know the person it is sad. The kind words of those that did, makes me wish I had.
Really fine people are rare. Codolences to all who knew him and are grieved by his passing.

Wow am sad to hear this I have been gone from the forum for a time
and it's a sad thing to come back and hear of his passing.

It was 2 years ago yesterday, Mike passed. I never knew him personally, but enjoyed his posts and videos. The ukulele world still misses him.

MGM was a wonderful person. I met him a few times at festivals.

As with many others, I bought my first ukulele from him.

I miss his videos and his posts on UU.

God just had a better place for him.

John

Top Bottom