Just lost a friend

I'm at a lost for words. Ukulele Underground as well as the Ukulele world has lost a prominent voice and advocate. My thoughts and prayers to his family, friends and those who knew him. Rest in Paradise Mike . . . A Hui Hou

Oh, no! Terribly sad news. The ukulele community has sure lost a valuable and kind person.

Wow. That is hard to wrap my head around. Such a cheerful, warm guy. He will be missed.

Mike sold me my Koaloha last year and insisted on giving my wife a Hawaiian picture that he had framed because "It wasn't fair that I was getting something and she wasn't". I only met him that one time but he was a good guy. RIP.

My all time favorite MGM uke demo, on a Maui Music deluxe super concert. The sweetest sounds ever! RIP, Mike.

Wow. He supplied me with Dolphins for the kids and a Kanile'a for me - great guy. He had such a big part in my getting started with the ukulele. He will be truly, truly missed.

RIP, Michael...play with joy now!

Mike sold me my Koaloha last year and insisted on giving my wife a Hawaiian picture that he had framed because "It wasn't fair that I was getting something and she wasn't". I only met him that one time but he was a good guy. RIP.

That's a great memory.

So sad . . . I bought a KoAloha concert from him back in the day, pre-HMS. And then spent a couple of hours just talking story at the shop on my last trip to Oahu last fall. Thank you, Mike for all you have done for me and the entire ukulele community.

Rest in peace Mike.

RIP MGM
A silent moment for you and then I will play my ukulele for you.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

RIP, MGM.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but feel that I have lost my guide to the ukulele world.

Thankyou Mike for your warm heart and your amazing advocacy for our community. Your life has been a blessing to many. Sincere condolences to all who have known and loved you.

Auwe.

Never to hear his laugh again--or catch his sometimes sly asides (and those quick little comments always brought more laughter!).

I know that many who worked with Michael from afar never knew he faced such daunting medical issues--he simply didn't let that intrude into the joy he brought to people through ukulele quests and acquisitions. God bless Mike and those who surrounded, supported and loved him through the years. He blessed us all.

Top Bottom