Hard case for new Martin T1K Tenor

multidon

Reaction score
Hell everyone! I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. I love my Martin T1K tenor but as most of you know all the Martin ukes come with gig bags now. I really want a hard case for it and I was ready to order a Superior (I like them a lot) but I already have one and it is way too big. The lower bout of the Martin is around 8 7/8 inches and the the Superior is built for "up to 9 1/2 inches". I am not comfortable with that much flopping around even with padding and I would rather not do the towel thing because it seems like a jury rigged solution. I also own a generic black sausage handled case that holds a Lanakai tightly but is still too big for the Martin, although it is a bit closer. Any advice from anyone who has a definitive answer for a case that will hold it tightly I would appreciate it. I really don't want to spend 200 dollars for a uke I spent 300 dollars on (used) but I would be willing to go up to 100 or so. What about Fremont? I would rather have a shaped case but i could live with a Fremont if it was a tight fit. Their specs say they fit up to 8 3/4 inches which seems too small but maybe there is a "squish" factor with the lining? Thank you in advance for your help. I spent considerable time with the Search function but I was unable to find an answer.

I bought a Musician's Gear tenor hard shell case (shaped) that fits my Martin T1K very well. Snug, no wiggle room. Has plush lining. Last spring, it was on sale for $39.99.

It has worked well for me.

Thank you Maiden Uke for the suggestion. Is this my only choice, or does anyone know of any others?

Top Bottom