Happy NUD!: custom Brüko longneck

I changed strings again. Yesterday I took off the Worth BM's and put on some SouthCoast Soft Ligt Medium strings. Love them! Adds a little warmth again, kills a tiny bit of sustain but I don't mind that, and feel wonderful. I realize that three of my ukes have South Coast strings; they are the bee's knees.

We bought these in March 2009. Strung with Aquila. Banjo type sound, lots of character. I see your fret markers are black.

Brueko riegel1.JPGBrueko riegel2.JPG

Yum! Too bad the Worth browns didn't work out; they sure looked lovely!

I changed strings again. Yesterday I took off the Worth BM's and put on some SouthCoast Soft Ligt Medium strings. Love them! Adds a little warmth again, kills a tiny bit of sustain but I don't mind that, and feel wonderful. I realize that three of my ukes have South Coast strings; they are the bee's knees.

Excellent, brother! Yep, the bees knees, the duck's guts and the cat's pyjamas. What Dirk can't do with strings aint worth doing. :eek:ld:

Brukos are great. Look great, sound great. Yours looks a beauty.

I have two. I've kept the pyramid strings on mine; I like the ring they give as it suits my style. I have a set of Living Water strings for the concert which I might try. The tenor is tuned down to Bb which makes it more mellow. I was trying a soprano at a recent Uke Fest. Loved it & I nearly bought it but I got the tenor instead.

The 3/4 refers to 3/4 the normal depth in the body.

Bruko longnecks are fantastic!

They often have more than what is listed on the site; it's a small family business, they often don't get around to putting stuff up for a bit. It's often worthwhile to ask if they have any more - but I've found they reply much faster if you try to email them in German (even if it's through Google translate)

I'm also happy to quickly translate something to German if someone feels their inquiry to Brücko is more complex than Google Translate can handle.

Top Bottom