Tampa Bay Ukulele Club Does it Again

Mike, you're my new best friend!!!

I don't have words for how amazing this weekend was.
I'm still coming down off the high created by the love, acceptance and joy offered to my wife and me from pretty much everyone there.
An amazing group of people, across the board: The organizers are fantastic folks, working hard hard hard to make magic happen; the vendors, always smiling, always friendly, always ready to talk about their stuff... or just whatever... great folks; the entertainers, every one of which seemed to go out of their way to make a newcomer to the scene feel not only welcome but equal. The validation was incredible and has filled me with drive and determination to do better; and, finally, the participants. Wow. What a phenomenal group of people. Everyone playing, singing, learning, smiling, laughing, making music and happiness.

I loved it. I love y'all.
I have a whole load of new best friends in the world.

that all sounds really great! How do you find out about thing like this in enough advance to make plans? When do they normally post dates? Would love to cruise down in the RV and have a great time in Tampa!

Hi! TBUG is always the first weekend in November, with tickets going on sale early summer... :) the sell out fast!

Head over to www.tampabayukulele.com to get you name on our e-mail list to be notified when they do go on sale.

JT

I don't have words for how amazing this weekend was.
I'm still coming down off the high created by the love, acceptance and joy offered to my wife and me from pretty much everyone there.
An amazing group of people, across the board: The organizers are fantastic folks, working hard hard hard to make magic happen; the vendors, always smiling, always friendly, always ready to talk about their stuff... or just whatever... great folks; the entertainers, every one of which seemed to go out of their way to make a newcomer to the scene feel not only welcome but equal. The validation was incredible and has filled me with drive and determination to do better; and, finally, the participants. Wow. What a phenomenal group of people. Everyone playing, singing, learning, smiling, laughing, making music and happiness.

I loved it. I love y'all.
I have a whole load of new best friends in the world.

Good Times, Good Friends & Music for sure, nice meeting you Mike, looking forward to more of your music and a second CD or online download ;-)

One question, I walked in late at he end of a group jam session you were leading just before the big raffle. Wondering if you could share what you were teaching everyone to play. I'd love to hear it again if you don't mind sharing :)

mahalo nui loa,

Mooney

I had a great time...workshops were so much fun. All the vendors were so cool with all their wares. Mim, you rock!!
Uncle Elvis, you are my new best friend. Jim DeVille, you are my new "ukulele teacher, new best friend". (no offense to Jay Nunes...you are my eternal "ukulele teacher"). Craig and Sarah, I love you both. Sailor Jim (Mike), I will always treasure my new kazoo gift from you! Sideways Eight, your ukes are sooo nice...love the camphor. Donna LoPrinzi, your ukes make me swoon. Julia Nunes, it was interesting to hear your story and I love your lyrics. Steve Boisen and all the volunteers,thank you for all you did to make a great weekend. Amanda, your talent is amazing. Jay, you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JT, you are cool. Good to see all my ukulele friends too. Sorry if I am forgetting anyone. Love, love, love, to you all and may your ukuleles always need new strings cause you play too much!!!

I think Craig and Sarah won that, seeing as they were coming from your place! *grin*

I guess that is true- we did come from Hawaii..... :) Next stop Bermuda! We will have so much fun together- even if Craig is in the Bahamas.

I do have to say that this festival is in my top 3. Everyone was so friendly and willing to share. It makes me love the ukulele even more- it connects so many happy people.

I guess that is true- we did come from Hawaii..... :) Next stop Bermuda! We will have so much fun together- even if Craig is in the Bahamas.

I do have to say that this festival is in my top 3. Everyone was so friendly and willing to share. It makes me love the ukulele even more- it connects so many happy people.

Where the hell is the like button?

Good Times, Good Friends & Music for sure, nice meeting you Mike, looking forward to more of your music and a second CD or online download ;-)

One question, I walked in late at he end of a group jam session you were leading just before the big raffle. Wondering if you could share what you were teaching everyone to play. I'd love to hear it again if you don't mind sharing :)

mahalo nui loa,

Mooney

I don't mind at all! It was "Sexy And I Know It" by LMFAO. Two chords and some stops. Easy peasy, and it makes people smile.

I'm SO inspired by last weekend. I've got a million ideas for songs in my brain, eager to work their way out.

Ha! You know it! We don't need him!

TBUG just gets better every year! 2012 was incredible and I thought how can 2013 stand up to that but WOW!!!! /It did! The quality of performers was top O' the line. Great classes from them to boot. Then after all that they come out and jam late into the night with us. Thanks Jim D'Ville, Sarah Maisel , Craig Chee, Uncle Elvis, Amanda, Steve Boisen, Julie Austin , Jay Nunes and well everyone that participated, attended , shared a laugh, song. Oh well,ya get it :) I love the crowd at TBUG! Looking forward to the 5 year anniversary of this event in 2014 and seeing all my friends.
I have a load of pics on my FB here https://www.facebook.com/pages/UKE-Republic/255643082149?ref=hl

Top Bottom