Happy Thanksgiving!

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Aloha kakou,

I try to remember, not just on Thanksgiving but every day, not to take anything for granted, but Thanksgiving always gives me an opportunity to think a little bit more about the things for which I am grateful. I have a lot of blessings in my life - decent health, good friends, and a job I look forward to doing most days - but there are times when I'm especially grateful for finding this community, having the chance to be a part of it from time to time, and getting to meet some of the wonderful people here. Mahalos for all the support, encouragement, talent, and joy you all bring to Ukulele Underground. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I couldn't agree more with everything mds725 said. Happy Thanksgiving to you too and to everyone in the UU. Eat your fill and sit back and enjoy a brandy and a cup of coffee. Don't forget to play "We Gather Together To Ask The Lord's Blessing" on your Uke.

And don't forget the leftovers the next day. Eat! :eek:ld:

Last edited:
I agree! I love Thanksgiving even though it gets largely ignored by stores. I am a very grateful person, too, but I love a day focused on thanks!

Thanks to all who make UU such a great place!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

It's my favourite holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Eagles/Cowboys tomorrow. It's pretty much all that matters. Please let the birds stuff those dirty cockroaches like a Thanksgiving turkey :cool:

Right back at ya' Mark!

Have a wonderful day of thanks.

You beat me to it, Mark.

I'm on the way to work in a few minutes, but in addition to everything you listed, I'm thankful that, after clearing the 2-foot high pile of slush the snowplow left in front of the driveway, I can still move!

My wife and I will be getting together with Fitncrafty and her family later on for an afternoon of music, knitting, and games - a first for us, and hopefully not a last.

Everyone have a wonderful day, and share some joy with others.

-Kurt​

There's a lot of reasons for thanks, and one is the camaraderie of this group. All the best!

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and +1 on everything said above.

UU folks are the greatest, and I am so thankful to have found this wonderful community.

I love the image of the family gathering at Thanksgiving. But today will be a quiet day at home for me. My wife's back went out on her yesterday, so she's hobbling around in pain. Maybe I'll go to the store and buy a couple of frozen turkey dinners. We'll see. But we do have a lot to be thankful for. And we know that every day. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Sorry to hear about your wife's back, but I hope you'll be able have a good Thanksgiving anyway. Maybe a second (or third) shot of brandy will help.

Buy a pumpkin pie at the store too. A fourth? :eek:ld:

Top Bottom