::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the Museum. Swam in sea and pool. Held a parrot and petted a snake. Watched an awesome imax ... Voyage to the south pacific, which has ukulele in it.

Pork chops are on the grill. Later we stroll for ice cream. I'm almost all packed up.

Now I'm bummed we leave tomorrow. Today was a good day. (Got hubby some better drugs too...)

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

Ouchie, Richard! Take care of yourself!

Weekend plans...the usual. ;)
We've just finished a fabulous Friday repast. On Sunday, we're doing an Easter/420 Day Jam.

Someone served me cosmic fettuccine Alfredo not long ago. It was yummy, but not really my thing.

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

Ouchie, Richard! Take care of yourself!

Weekend plans...the usual. ;)
We've just finished a fabulous Friday repast. On Sunday, we're doing an Easter/420 Day Jam.

Someone served me cosmic fettuccine Alfredo not long ago. It was yummy, but not really my thing.

Thanks, I am now that I realize it is fractured.

Rafe Report
We will probably go to the Canoe Hut Lounge tonight and hear Iwalani Ho`omanawanuiikanaauao Apo play some music. Last week it was pretty cool, we were chatting with Ho`o and she said to me, "You need a Hawaiian name. We have to get you a Hawaiian name." It is a pretty big deal when a native Hawaiian gives you a name, those really long middle names are traditionally given as gifts by Kupuna (elders) to children. So I think she is going to give me one. Really curious to see what happens with that!
We want to go to the beach tomorrow. Weather has been uncooperative of late, really windy. Today is kind of grey. We'll see.
Saturday night I have to work - server updates - but at least I can do that from home.
I think I will try to hide some candy or chocolate eggs for Nanilei, I have done that a few times and it is always fun for both of us. I usually leave one in plain sight and then she knows there are more...

I really really really want to get my Little White Uke video done. I want to do it someplace scenic, another reason I want to go to the beach tomorrow.
I'm going to play He Hawai`i Au by Peter Moon. That song has deep meaning for me, and I think it is appropriate to the Little White Uke. The song basically says:
Tonight I am here with you
Tonight I have returned
Long has been my journey
searching for a place in this world
I now see clearly and understand
The home within my heart
I returned when I realized this
I shall not wander again
For I understand I am Hawaiian

So, even though I am not Hawaiian by blood or birth, it *IS* the home within my heart, and I identify with it strongly.

You are certainly living the dream Pueo-hulu-nui.:D

This has been my favorite post of the day "out there".

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?95074-Horseman-s-watch-with-the-Fam

I've been playing along with the song in the video, experimenting with chord inversions and PMing with the original poster. Great original song, great ensemble playing, great singing....just a great time all around.

The OP is going to see about getting me a copy of the lyrics, as I can't quite hear them well enough on the video....

What are they playing exactly?
It seems like Am and E7, Sorta rambling around in Am?

Wow. I looked at the new posts tab and this wasn't there. It didn't even register as a new post on the general forum.

PoHo fail.

4:20 and I'm awake. Same as yesterday.
That's OK, I guess. But you run out of gas early in the evening.

Rafe Report:
The family is coming over Sunday for Easter dinner.
Today I'm not sure. But it will probably take all day.

Aloha, I am at the Canoe Hut Lounge. Ho'o, Kelli, and Keoni Souza are playing, and Jeff Au Hoy has joined on steel. I really wish you all were here. Amazing talent.

Aloha, I am at the Canoe Hut Lounge. Ho'o, Kelli, and Keoni Souza are playing, and Jeff Au Hoy has joined on steel. I really wish you all were here. Amazing talent.

Wow, I'm getting up and you probably haven't been to bed yet?

Rainy day in Georgia. It has been raining for about 18 hours. Perfect day to continue the great purge. Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer, if so my kiddos and I are going to the Ren Fair. You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom