::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plumber keeps talking to me but all I'm hearing is $$$$$$$$$$ which roughly sounds like KACHING KACHING KACHING...oh I'm so glad I have some savings. I am also glad I bought a uke BEFORE my house decided to clog itself.

I have owned this house for officially 2 hours. Just put my name on the deed this morning...and already it's giving me ageda.

OK, very good. I thought I was more crazy than I am. I'm going back to Yea. Yea!

Yea and yay....pronounced the same, but with different connotations.

Yea is an archaic form of the word yes, and implies agreement or consent.

Yay is pronounced the same, but is an exclamation of joy or excitement....

ETA: Yeah is completely different in pronunciation, and is a slang variation of yes.

...that awkward moment when you see what autocorrect has done to a friend's Facebook post and you can't say anything because it's nasty and you're not supposed to think those things.

Moral: Be very careful to spell ceviche correctly.

Just listened to the album Steve Martin made with Edie Brickell...very very good!

Steve Martin is so talented (actor, comedian, writer, musician) that is almost isn't fair. Those who know him only as the "wild and crazy guy" really don't know what they are missing.

Just listened to the album Steve Martin made with Edie Brickell...very very good!

And also, if Edie Brickell wanted to marry an older chubby guy, why didn't she choose me? Sure, I may have slightly fewer hit songs than Paul Simon, but...oh, never mind.

And also, if Edie Brickell wanted to marry an older chubby guy, why didn't she choose me? Sure, I may have slightly fewer hit songs than Paul Simon, but...oh, never mind.

Are they married??
And I agree. I love Steve Martin to death. He is amazingly talented.

The plumber keeps talking to me but all I'm hearing is $$$$$$$$$$ which roughly sounds like KACHING KACHING KACHING...oh I'm so glad I have some savings. I am also glad I bought a uke BEFORE my house decided to clog itself.

I have owned this house for officially 2 hours. Just put my name on the deed this morning...and already it's giving me ageda.

(((Maria))) Welcome to the wonderful world of home ownership! :D Things will sort out, and you'll be happy you bought the place....

Steve Martin is so talented (actor, comedian, writer, musician) that is almost isn't fair. Those who know him only as the "wild and crazy guy" really don't know what they are missing.

I really, really enjoyed seeing him live, in concert with his band last summer. What a talented banjo picker!!

...that awkward moment when you see what autocorrect has done to a friend's Facebook post and you can't say anything because it's nasty and you're not supposed to think those things.

Moral: Be very careful to spell ceviche correctly.

You could message the friend.

Just because you're a man of the cloth doesn't mean you don't know the words...

I have taken some photos of my new Eastman concert uke, but I'm not sure how good they are. When I try to preview them on my computer, they are HUGE and require lots of scrolling in order to see them. I think some of them may be blurred, and not worth keeping.

I'm amazed at how difficult it is to photograph a uke with a glossy finish. It seems that no matter how I tried, I couldn't eliminate the reflections on the glossy surfaces. It made it difficult to capture the beautiful grain and figuring of the wood, and may have even masked the true color. The finish is quite red, which I love. The wood is solid mahogany, and the binding is rosewood.

RichM, notice the differences between my prototype and your production Eastman; the shape of the peghead, the binding, the length of the fretboard. I've noticed, also, that this uke has the neck/body joint at the 12th fret, while my Kala concert is joined at the 14th.

Such a beautiful uke, and I don't think the pictures will do it justice....

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg005.jpg

I have taken some photos of my new Eastman concert uke, but I'm not sure how good they are. When I try to preview them on my computer, they are HUGE and require lots of scrolling in order to see them. I think some of them may be blurred, and not worth keeping.

I'm amazed at how difficult it is to photograph a uke with a glossy finish. It seems that no matter how I tried, I couldn't eliminate the reflections on the glossy surfaces. It made it difficult to capture the beautiful grain and figuring of the wood, and may have even masked the true color. The finish is quite red, which I love. The wood is solid mahogany, and the binding is rosewood.

RichM, notice the differences between my prototype and your production Eastman; the shape of the peghead, the binding, the length of the fretboard. I've noticed, also, that this uke has the neck/body joint at the 12th fret, while my Kala concert is joined at the 14th.

Such a beautiful uke, and I don't think the pictures will do it justice....

View attachment 65971View attachment 65972View attachment 65973View attachment 65974

Don! They ripped you off! They sold you a blurry uke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom