::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure I'm keeping the ukaferri and the CR. The others might be open for discussion.
Hee Hee I pretty much guessed that. I doubt I could afford the Michael Dunn - or at least I am confident you could find a buyer willing (not to mention able) to pay more than I could.
Now, the KoAloha, I do like those, and a super concert sounds just about the right size. I might be able to re-home that ukulele to Hawaii, perhaps we can discuss it further when the time comes.

Last year he grew a few sunflowers along our fence.

The birds and squirrels loved it, he was pissed.
Sounds like my guavas minus the squirrels and add larvae. The guava tree is all but dead now. But the papaya next to it is really taking off!

Hee Hee I pretty much guessed that. I doubt I could afford the Michael Dunn - or at least I am confident you could find a buyer willing (not to mention able) to pay more than I could.
Now, the KoAloha, I do like those, and a super concert sounds just about the right size. I might be able to re-home that ukulele to Hawaii, perhaps we can discuss it further when the time comes.

I understand KoAloha's are hard to find in your area. :)

Those are very poisonous, keep the kids and pets away from it.

My mom remembered grinding or shredding foxglove leaves and putting them into capsules for patients to use (Foxglove is where the heart medication digitalis comes from).

Afternoon folks. Went camping over the weekend so haven't really been keeping up here.

Exciting news though that a NUD is imminent(that's one of those words that never looks right when typed...)!

Needed a step-up from my Dolphin but can't really afford the ukes that I really wanted (when I was first looking at upgrading I had my sights set on an Ibanez Spalted Maple Concert.... well out of my reach) so I've gone for a Korala UKC-40 with pickup for 99 squids. Should be here by the end of the week hopefully and seems similar to the Kala I was looking at, and actually looks a bit nicer in my opinion.

Looking forward to giving it a go.

Congrats! That's a brand I'm unfamiliar with. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it....

Over the next few months, I'm going to be significantly downsizing my musical instrument collection. It's not a money issue, just a desire to simplify my life, which has become too cluttered with "stuff." If you see anything in my sig below that interesting to you, drop me a line... it may be for sale. :)

I wish I had the will power to downsize my life, too. I can't help but think I'd be happier, in the long run. I, too, feel sort of suffocated by "stuff". Actually DOING it, however....

3rd lesson with Sarah today. Learned "Autumn Leaves." First time I can claim to be making progress. Even looked into the forest of theory. It's a jungle in there.

Me? I am comfortable lurking right now. My life is bori as h*ll. I work, I practice and I play my silly little computer games. Not exactly stimulating conversation. I am boring even to me.

But, we MISS you! If we all give up posting, what becomes of the thread?

Time to go to sectional practice.

I have to decide whether to stop Adelines after competition (May) or to stay on through our fundraiser "Barbershop Extravaganza" in September. The difference is only $150 in dues and every Monday night. I will probably stay. Then I pay $90/year to International to be a "member at large", which means not attached to any chorus and not competing. Till we move and I can audition for the Tokyo Chorus. Here they are... the vowels need a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom