::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, you have to turn a lot with hills. I was just thinking of the way people fly bumper to bumper at 80mph in SoCal, like they're drafting you. Up here people drive that fast but take it personally if you tailgate, or cut in too close. In SoCal, that's just how it is, up here people get road rage and shoot at each other.

California sounds as/more dangerous than Chicago.

We have one that roams around out neighborhood, It passes through our front yard most evenings.

We have a fox family at a local golf course. I hope people refrain from feeding them so the city doesn't come in and move them. The squirrels at that course are so used to people that some of them will ride I. The cart with you if you have food.

I remember this one from when I was a kid. Can't remember the artist right now though.

I guess a Merrilee Rush in 1968. Who I can't say I've ever heard of. I gather the song was written in 1967. And the original artist's lable went bankrupt. It's been recorded by a few others though.

California sounds as/more dangerous than Chicago.

I exaggerate, but there have been quite a few shots fired on the freeways up here because of road rage. It's been my observation that people get offended a lot easier on the roads up here compared to SoCal.

Hey Rob!

Just gotten woken up by little guy. He woke up early to check on the new goldfish he won at an Obon festival yesterday. It's kinda like a fair.

I used to win goldfish as a child at the Obon and Hana-matsuri festivals. I have taken my kids a few times. It is always a great time.

I used to win goldfish as a child at the Obon and Hana-matsuri festivals. I have taken my kids a few times. It is always a great time.

He was on fire yesterday. He won 8 fish. We were able to give away 3 but now we have 5 new fish. Hulk, our lone survivor from last year, isn't happy about sharing his space but all the new guys made it through the night.

Well, my wife came home with two rescued maine coon kittens. They are adorable. They are super nervous right now. Once they settle in I will try to get a pic.

We've had several Maine Coon cats as rescues over the years. Wonderful cats, big , self-confident, affectionate, gregarious.

He was on fire yesterday. He won 8 fish. We were able to give away 3 but now we have 5 new fish. Hulk, our lone survivor from last year, isn't happy about sharing his space but all the new guys made it through the night.

You aren't kidding. That has to be some kind of record. If he keeps that up you will need to build a koi pond with a tea house in the backyard.

We've had several Maine Coon cats as rescues over the years. Wonderful cats, big , self-confident, affectionate, gregarious.

That is good to hear.:D They are still afraid. Hopefully, they will warm up and adjust in the next week or so. Right now they are in a big dog crate in our house with everything they need.

Howzit folks, let me tell you about my weekend!
So Kolohe Ukulele Club, the group I used to play with in Huntington Beach, came over for the Ukulele Festival. 38 people(!) flew over. It was fun to see them again, especially in Hawaii. They asked me to play with them, and I had a great time with that. I also played with the Roy Sakuma strummers group, basically a huge group of whoever wants to play at the festival (this is the same group that Gary and I played with two years ago). This year we shared the stage with Willie K. and played You Ku`uipo. I was about 10' away from and on the same level as Willie. There was a point where I am standing there, strumming and singing You Ku`uipo, Willie K. absolutely SHREDDING just a few feet away, looking at the ocean, and this HUGE crowd, and I was like, you know, life just does not get better than this! It was really a great time.

I was standing next to Uncle Rod Higuchi and Greenie44 was down a couple of steps - that guy is big, and tall, so they put him lower. There were also a couple of other UUers, like Kimosabe and geetee that were there too. Just a real blast.

Bumped into Bryan Tolentino, like I always do. Saw Emil Bader, and he took all the muffins Nanilei made when she offered him one, which was kind of funny. Chatted with Andrew Kitakis, and Len Kojima (Hawaii 50) and Corey Fujimoto. Then, Kimo Hussey stops by, and next to the HMS tent it was a little jam with Kimo Hussey, Uncle Rod, MM Stan(!), Greenie44, Kimosabe, geetee, Cory Fujimoto, and a few others who stopped by. While I am singing and playing with them, I spy Chuck Moore chatting with Andrew Kitakis! So I walk over there, and say, "Hi" and Chuck says, "Pueo!" and gives me a big hug - I mean, I have not seen him in something like 5 years, I was thrilled he remembered me. We talked about living in Hawaii and how he thinks he might like living on Oahu because there is stuff to do and how I want to live at his house, because there is nothing to do! I told everyone who would listen that they MUST go to UWC. Chuck grumbled but that means getting on a plane, and he really hates going anywhere that takes more than an hour to get to hahaha.

Greenie44 said, "Yeah, I might have to go out there sometime. Is it as fun as this? Because this is pretty great!"
I replied, "It's as fun as this, but with beer!"
And we both laughed a lot.

If I think of anything else I will add later...

Oh, I forgot something else! While we were waiting to go on stage, Uncle Rod, Greenie44 and I were kind of just standing there chatting with each other, and this Japanese television crew comes over to us and and is giving us thumbs up and smiling and pointing at the camera so we are like OK, waving, giving thumbs up, basically hamming it up and then the cameraman makes a strumming motion and I am like, "Oh, play something?" and more nods and smiles so I bust into Opihi Man and they film the whole thing! I wonder if I am going to be on Japanese television?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom