::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me, we don't WANT to do that. It's what we HAVE to do. (as in if it's ordered we can't just decide to not give it to you, we have to have you say that you don't want it).

There's just a lot of rules, and we can't break them, even when it annoys or bothers our patients, or even if we disagree (sometimes a proper treatment can be cruel to us, but it's not our place to say so in certain situations. It's never our decision, but always the family or designated rep-- I know I'm going off on a tangent, I've had an extremely rough time at work lately.)

Yes exactly. It's the caregivers job. And they will have some 'splaining to do, if they don't do it.

Up with the sun two hours ago. Already 96 deg at 7:30 and headed to 113. Went to bed with a sore throat last night. Better this morning. Except for the early up. Vacations! First world problems.

I've only been to Scottsdale for golfing. How's the trip going?

Yes exactly. It's the caregivers job. And they will have some 'splaining to do, if they don't do it.

It's more than some 'splainin to do Lucy.

Technically it's a Medication Error by Omission and it is a disciplinary thing that can cause the state to get involved (It's usually an in-house issue, but it's not unheard of, especially if a narcotic like a sleeping pill or pain pill is involved. I know a nurse of 20 years who improperly wasted a pill who's now on EAP and has to submit pee and hair to the state twice a week and isn't allowed to work with narcotics or in an ER for at least the next 2 years.)

I can't imagine that. I've been whining because it's low eighties and sixty percent humidity here. That's crazy talk for us up here! Not a fan of humidity.

They say it's 63 degrees now. We have a dew point of 57 degrees so that should be pretty moist. But with the temp down it's not the same. Yesterday the dew point was in the low seventies. I heard some where it wss 80 degrees. Sounds like a rain forest to me. We have been pretty lucky this summer. So far so good.

I looked it said 84% humidty now. Like I said with the low temp. No prob.

I can't imagine that. I've been whining because it's low eighties and sixty percent humidity here. That's crazy talk for us up here! Not a fan of humidity.

To be fair, the humidity is supposed to be in the 20% range, high for here. I'd rather be in 105deg/15% here than 95deg/60% (or more) back in Kansas. But once it gets to the hundredteens here I fade.

After nearly two years of playing ukulele I can say that my barre chords are more hit than miss. Maybe 55/45.

Technically it's a Medication Error by Omission and it is a disciplinary thing that can cause the state to get involved (It's usually an in-house issue, but it's not unheard of, especially if a narcotic like a sleeping pill or pain pill is involved. I know a nurse of 20 years who improperly wasted a pill who's now on EAP and has to submit pee and hair to the state twice a week and isn't allowed to work with narcotics or in an ER for at least the next 2 years.)

I think we are saying the same thing, only you're saying it better.

Last edited:
The nurse said I can play my ukulele. I have my little luna with me. Yay!

They don't like to let you sleep here. There was someone in my room almost every hour last night.
But the good news is my fever broke and it is slightly less painful to breathe. Yay progress! I still do not know how long I will have to stay.
Hang in there. (Like you have a choice). I'm hoping you feel better soon.

I'm so glad I quit nursing when I did.

They don't like to let you sleep here. There was someone in my room almost every hour last night.
But the good news is my fever broke and it is slightly less painful to breathe. Yay progress! I still do not know how long I will have to stay.

Yay! I hope that means you are on the mend. Get better soon....

Oh... you shouldn't have been in hospitals, as a patient, too often. At least I hope this is true.
I forgot to inform you, the reality is, you don't get much rest in hospitals. Some times they wake you up to ask if you are sleeping well.

The last time I was in the hospital, four years ago, they determined that the very best time to clean my room was 3am. A guy would come in every day at 3am, flip on the freakin' lights, and proceed to mop the floors and empty the trash....while WHISTLING!

If I could have gotten up, I would have wrung his neck....

The nurse said I can play my ukulele. I have my little luna with me. Yay!

I was hospitalized when I was 16, and they let me have my guitar in my room. I thought that was pretty nice of them!

Later I found out that they only allowed it because they thought I was going to die.

Are they trying to tell you something, Mandi? ;)

I worked a bit more with my Mormon missionary friend on his uke playing today. He's doing well, and trying to speed up and smooth out his chord changes. He's also trying to get the hang of DDUUDU, rather than always strumming down. He'll get there. He'll only be here another two weeks, though, and then he goes home to Utah.

Another of the missionaries took an interest in the uke today, too! She is catching on quickly, but she is also only here another two weeks. She says there are three ukes at her home that her mother bought for her siblings, but that never got played. She has an instant uke collection....

I wish that I could be there to strum with you. Kinda like when I was at your camp at UWC.

10450940_10154278256445192_3626678256156186350_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom