::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask them, they might be up for a tour.

I'd love that! I know a great venue, that welcomes that sort of entertainment. It's small, though.

I am naïve about how these things work. How much would they expect to be paid? How many tickets need to be sold, and at what price to make it worth their while? I wonder how far in advance they'd need to book the gig, too....

Good Morning, Everyone!

A dozen ukuleles, an electric piano, 30+ harmonicas, a glockenspiel, bongos, a roll-up electric keyboard, two melodicas, a mandolin, several recorders, a wooden flute, and a boatload of hand percussion. My mellophone is in a box in the studio.

I'd love that! I know a great venue, that welcomes that sort of entertainment. It's small, though.

I am naïve about how these things work. How much would they expect to be paid? How many tickets need to be sold, and at what price to make it worth their while? I wonder how far in advance they'd need to book the gig, too....

Got to ask them. I know they are playing Milwaukee in November, maybe they would expand the "tour"

How's this for taking the bull by the horns? I just e-mailed them for information about a possible gig here. Woo-hoo! I can't wait to hear back from them....

Don, it's not hard. I've organized several concerts for Aldrine at three different locations. One was my dads backyard when there was no venue open. I announced them here and to all the local uke groups. Sold plenty of tickets. Set up an account on Brown Paper Tickets, it's easy.

Here's a vid of him in my dads backyard.

http://youtu.be/dJZZpRoUO-Q

Don, it's not hard. I've organized several concerts for Aldrine at three different locations. One was my dads backyard when there was no venue open. I announced them here and to all the local uke groups. Sold plenty of tickets. Set up an account on Brown Paper Tickets, it's easy.

Here's a vid of him in my dads backyard.

http://youtu.be/dJZZpRoUO-Q

Cool video, Sally. I'm looking forward to hearing back from the Dawgs, and finding out what they need to do a gig. How many tickets, at what ticket price, what size room, what equipment would need to be provided, if any, how much lead time, what sort of promotion, what other accommodations....the list goes on.

I'm willing to do the work, if they're willing to come and play. I can see where a second gig would make it more appealing to them....

If you want to watch more Aldrine vids from that concert, the guy who filmed it (Gregory White) has 8 more songs on his YouTube channel.

I was just at one of my credit card's web site and saw a charge. I try to check every so often, just to make sure everything is cool.

$45? What could that be?

It looks like something I might do.

It starts out Ukuleleund and ends with HI.

Oh! For crying out loud. I know what that is.

I was just at one of my credit card's web site and saw a charge. I try to check every so often, just to make sure everything is cool.

$45? What could that be?

It looks like something I might do.

It starts out Ukuleleund and ends with HI.

Oh! For crying out loud. I know what that is.

Hmm. Replying here to see if my VIP is still active - I got the message that it was that time of the year a couple days ago.

Hmm. Replying here to see if my VIP is still active - I got the message that it was that time of the year a couple days ago.

I didn't get any message but it went right through:

Active Subscriptions
Start Date
04-27-2012
Expiry Date
04-27-2015
UU VIP (yearly)

If I have to update the CC in the future I'll have to search around to find the right page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom