::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my nameplate for my new desk at the hospital. The area manager decided she wanted fancier nameplates for our desks than the corporate standard...so she took them home and bedazzled them:

IMG_20140415_141754343_zps6q8cgdik.jpg
Wow, that is very fancy indeed!

Just got my nameplate for my new desk at the hospital. The area manager decided she wanted fancier nameplates for our desks than the corporate standard...so she took them home and bedazzled them:

IMG_20140415_141754343_zps6q8cgdik.jpg
Your area manager is awesome!

If you looked at it with binoculars that effect is even more pronounced. The clouds did part a few times for us and we got some nice views.

Yes, we were using binoculars. It was a nice clear night here.

A while back I built myself a multi-uke rack that will hold six ukes. It caused quite the ruckus around here, and was not well received. :D Since then it has been out on my workbench in the garage.

As long as I'm home alone for the week, I think I'll bring it in here and put it next to my recliner, as intended. Then I'll get the rest of my ukes out, and put them in the rack. It'll be nice to be able to pick between them at a moment's notice.

With my luck, I'll forget to put the ukes away and return the rack to the garage before my bachelor days end....:uhoh:

Your livin' on the edge now, Don.

My little brother was in a car accident on his way to pick me up.
He is okay, but everyone is shook up.
I should have taken the truck to work today.

There seems to be a conspicuously empty spot between the soprano and the tenors; in where the concerts should be. Hmmm....:D

I like it, too. I really don't think the rack and ukes look bad in the room....do they? Are they too much?

The large thing on the wall behind my recliner is a card table that Elaine's father built, years ago. The top is all inlaid wood, including the hands of "cards" in each corner. It has folding wrought iron legs, and weighs a ton.

It is so beautiful that we wanted to display it on the wall, so I welded a special bracket for it, which is lag bolted right into the wall studs. The table can be lifted right off of the bracket, should we want to use it....

Your area manager is awesome!

She is indeed! I went to her and asked if she had any space where I could set up my desk - I don't really do anything directly for the hospital or anything, but I wanted to get away from my old work space. She had 2 empty desks and welcomed me with open arms. I love my work area at the hospital. I'm surrounded by great people, it's a fun space, and Lisa does things like bedazzling our nameplates. I can't even express how thankful I am to have been welcomed in here - I have no reporting to Lisa whatsoever, she has no authority over me. She could easily have said I was on my own to find space and instead I got this great place to work. I've been working harder than I have in years, but it's so much more pleasant than it was at the old dungeon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom