::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always loved old Marilyn Monroe movies because they were always done up and wore such beautiful dresses to do things like shop for groceries. I'd wear sweat pants every day if I could... But I do love getting dressed up.

I also loved her oddly empowered female view "why shouldn't I marry someone with a lot of money, he wants to marry me because I'm pretty doest he?". Even though it seems rediculous now, it's still kind of the way things work.

I botched the quote, but you get the idea lol

I do love the dresses... but... but...

seriously... holy cow.

Though I guess it is true, she is using them for their money, so I guess they are using her for her looks and body. But my gosh, I would have been hopeless living back then!

I do love the dresses... but... but...

seriously... holy cow.

Though I guess it is true, she is using them for their money, so I guess they are using her for her looks and body. But my gosh, I would have been hopeless living back then!

Oh it's antiquated and archaic to be sure... But those dresses!!

Actually, just Betty Grable's blue dress in the first act of How to Marry a Millionaire would make me the happiest girl ever. Of course, I'd throw the whole image off with all of my tattoos lol

I tweaked my neck last night. I now feel like Frankenstein. I can look to the right ok but looking left and down is limited and hurts. I slept on a heating pad last night.
And dang it, I know how I did it. And it was just because I lost my focus because my kiddos were working out with me at my home gym and Callie dropped the first, "Well, you are not my REAL mom." bombshell on me.
And, "I want to call Miss Carrie Mommy now!"
She was basically thinking out loud. She is excited her little brother is coming today via C-section.
She just does not know how to rationalize her feelings of wanting to be a big sister with her current family.
So I think she is getting a little "magical thinking" about what it would be like to live with her birthmom and get to have a little brother.

The thing is, she does not realize that means living in a crime ridden trailer park behind the KFC on a busy highway where you are 5 foot from your nearest neighbor and sharing the trailer with 3 other kids, 2 other adults, 2 dogs, and 3 or 4 cats. Now that sounds cynical, but honestly, for her birthmom it is a super situation. But for my baby, I cant give her that reality check, I have to let her continue to think good thoughts because there is no harm in it other than her hurting my feelings every now and then.

But man, hurt my feelings, tears, all that. But I kept on lifting and I probably shouldn't. Lost my focus and tweaked my neck. DOH!
I did try to hide it from her and she saw me, and now she is all conflicted I can tell. She feels bad, but still feels like she is missing something. Poor thing. It isn't easy for her, and always will be hard. But she feels loved by both sides so that is good.

((Mim)) sorry for what you are both going through, and hope your neck heals quickly. If it was my neck I would take 800mg of ibuprofen three times a day for a few days. Owieeee. Sending good thoughts.

On super hero question day I never said what I would want my super power to be. There were so many I would want. But I do think it would be teleportation. And right now I would teleport to Sally's house. She would fix my neck, then probably let me lay on her couch and watch TV all day and take care of me!!! Waaaaaaa! I want Sally to take care of me!!!

Ever since she took care of me when I was sick, sometimes I get sick and think, "Sally would take care of me!" Haha!
AND it's warm here Mim. We could walk across the street and lay in the warm sand. :) :) :)

Bwah ha ha ha... that is probably true. Callie is an eater and we have to watch her. That girl from a young age would clean her plate and everyone around her's plate. But man... Levi met Miss Carrie at the closest park once and he said there were a ton of people, without kids, just hanging out, and 2 guys were talking way loud about how one just got out of jail and they were both comparing prison sentences.

Your little one is in the best place ever, Mim. She knows that as you do but words do hurt.

Don. My Wendy always had Daddy here and Dad at another house. Didn't matter to either dad at all. She just got twice the love and attention. She's also got two Moms. It never crossed my mind to allow that to bother me.

As the song goes, Let It Go.

For the past five or six years at the Juggle-In, they have had a live video feed from the gym. A guy brings all kinds of fancy video equipment, and spends the whole time videoing the event. There are several cameras mounted on rolling carts. They have very long cables that allow an operator to walk them all around the gym floor, looking for particularly interesting juggling shots to get up close. There is also a camera mounted on a tall boom/crane mechanism, for getting high angle and overhead shots.

As in past years, I'll try to get the URL for the live feed, and post it here. Then anyone who wants to peek into the gym can do that. I can't guarantee that you'll see me, although I'll be there somewhere. The cameras keep moving, and so do I, so it'll be totally random.

I remember one year Susie (and maybe some others) saw me juggling there....

I really want either a baritone uke or a banjolele. I can't decide which though, and there are so many choices...And I don't know what's good.
Do any of you lovelies have suggestions for me? What do you have that you love?

Someone just sent out an e-mail to all the local jugglers to tell us about an item in today's paper about the Juggle-In. In the e-mail were included some low quality scanned images of the piece, including some photos from years past. It looks as if my picture is there, in the background of one of the shots. I may have to go out and buy a paper to get a better look at it and be sure it's me....

I really want either a baritone uke or a banjolele. I can't decide which though, and there are so many choices...And I don't know what's good.
Do any of you lovelies have suggestions for me? What do you have that you love?

I have neither a baritone or a banjolele, so I can't help much. I do remember when I thought I just HAD to have a banjolele....until I encountered a few at our uke group. They can be pretty obnoxious in a group setting, IMHO....

Your little one is in the best place ever, Mim. She knows that as you do but words do hurt.

Don. My Wendy always had Daddy here and Dad at another house. Didn't matter to either dad at all. She just got twice the love and attention. She's also got two Moms. It never crossed my mind to allow that to bother me.

As the song goes, Let It Go.

I am kind of with Don though... it bothers me. So I don't fault him. It is a hard thing. But you are remarkable Sally and your relationship towards your ex and his wife is a good example of a perfect work. But it would ouch me too if Callie when she gets older, starts calling Miss Carrie mom.

I actually didn't really really want one until I heard the group leader play his flea... I loved that sound. I don't want one of those though, I really like the ones that look more like a real banjo.

I play mostly on my own, so I wouldn't bring it to the group. I could see where they would be annoying.

I am kind of with Don though... it bothers me. So I don't fault him. It is a hard thing. But you are remarkable Sally and your relationship towards your ex and his wife is a good example of a perfect work. But it would ouch me too if Callie when she gets older, starts calling Miss Carrie mom.

It's totally different for you Mim. You ARE her mom. Carrie is not. She is not involved in the raising of you daughter at all. She is an acquaintance to your daughter, that is all. A step parent IS involved in the child's life.

I hate the word step parent. It's got such negative connotations attached to it. But a good step parent is involved with the child. A good step parent is supportive of all the decisions a parent and their ex have to make regarding the child. A step parent can add so much to a child's life.

Wendy has been terribly lucky to be blessed with two amazing step parents who only added positive things to her life. Her dad and I couldn't have done it alone as well.

aaaaand.........

Caught up.

Ow-ees on the neck Mim. We've been walking around for 18 years with the "you're not my real parents" time bomb. No way for it not to hurt. There's just a lot of extra BS for adopted kids to sort out on the way to growing up. But just yesterday I was surprised with sweatshirts he ordered for his brother, himself, and me all matching and all with the family name. He knows where he belongs. (Mom/wife has kept her family name.)

One of my sisters married a guy with a daughter, the mom was kind of nuts and so the daughter lived with her dad and my sister. Once in awhile the mother would break up with whoever she had been dating or living with and get sad and ask the kid to move back with her. The girl would move back for a short time and then things would go to hell again and she'd move back until the next cycle.
It was pretty hard on my sister who was doing her best to give her a stable home and life. Now the girl is in her 20's (and looks as old as me) and finally appreciates what my side of the family had always tried to do for her.

It's totally different for you Mim. You ARE her mom. Carrie is not. She is not involved in the raising of you daughter at all. She is an acquaintance to your daughter, that is all. A step parent IS involved in the child's life.

I hate the word step parent. It's got such negative connotations attached to it. But a good step parent is involved with the child. A good step parent is supportive of all the decisions a parent and their ex have to make regarding the child. A step parent can add so much to a child's life.

Wendy has been terribly lucky to be blessed with two amazing step parents who only added positive things to her life. Her dad and I couldn't have done it alone as well.

I totally identify with this post. I was recently surprised at myself for being really annoyed that the school refered to me as the "step-father". A few months ago, Tookta said something about Matt's father and before I realized I had opened my mouth I said, "I'm his father, I'm the only father he's ever had". Wow.

I totally identify with this post. I was recently surprised at myself for being really annoyed that the school refered to me as the "step-father". A few months ago, Tookta said something about Matt's father and before I realized I had opened my mouth I said, "I'm his father, I'm the only father he's ever had". Wow.
Yep. This. And Matt knows it. He might not say it, but he knows it and will acknowledge it when he is older.

Being a sperm/egg donor does not automatically make you a parent.

Hey Mike, maybe it's time to discuss the possibility of adopting Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom