::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rainy day in Georgia. It has been raining for about 18 hours. Perfect day to continue the great purge. Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer, if so my kiddos and I are going to the Ren Fair. You?

Rafe Report:
The family is coming over Sunday for Easter dinner.
Today I'm not sure. But it will probably take all day.

I was just down at my local park. I did my laps. Watched the sun rise. A beautiful sunny day. Had to wear my winter coat, 34 degrees. It's supposed to be in the low 60s today. Talked to my son on the phone while I was walking. He was just getting to work. Made tentative plans to do the walk together tomorrow.

C or Am? Same thing really, right?

You know my music theory is weak, Rob, so I'm not sure I understand. How can a C chord and an Am chord be the same thing?

As I watch the video, and play along with it, I see them playing three different chords; E7, Am, and C. the C chord comes in during the chorus. Each chord has a distinctly different sound, to my ear....

Rafe Report:
The family is coming over Sunday for Easter dinner.
Today I'm not sure. But it will probably take all day.

LOL! I don't have much on my agenda today, either. I'm doing the volunteer driving thing that I do this afternoon. A client needs to go to the calling hours at a funeral home. It's a bit over a half an hour each way, and she said she'll only stay a half an hour. That'll take a couple of hours out of my day. I pick her up at 1pm....

Mornin'!

I'm very proud of myself. I successfully changed the nut on one of my ukes. And now the strings sit all pretty and don't buzz! I know it's probably something so stupid...but I've never fixed an instrument before.

You know my music theory is weak, Rob, so I'm not sure I understand. How can a C chord and an Am chord be the same thing?

As I watch the video, and play along with it, I see them playing three different chords; E7, Am, and C. the C chord comes in during the chorus. Each chord has a distinctly different sound, to my ear....

Am is the relative minor of C. The are composed of the same notes in their scales, C you start with C and Am you start with A, and use they same 7 chords. Although usually it's an Em instead of a E7. It's not that ridged. Those chords are based on, shall we say the C scale, making triad chord from each note of the C scale. C E and G = C major chord. D F and A = a D minor chord. E G and B = Em Chord and so forth on through the scale.

Mornin'!

I'm very proud of myself. I successfully changed the nut on one of my ukes. And now the strings sit all pretty and don't buzz! I know it's probably something so stupid...but I've never fixed an instrument before.

Good for you, Maria! It's scary stuff, operating on our babies....:D

Mornin'!

Anything learned or experienced is not stupid.

Am is the relative minor of C. The are composed of the same notes in their scales, C you start with C and Am you start with A, and use they same 7 chords. Although usually it's an Em instead of a E7. It's not that ridged. Those chords are based on, shall we say the C scale, making triad chord from each note of the C scale. C E and G = C major chord. D F and A = a D minor chord. E G and B = Em Chord and so forth on through the scale.

*sigh* I'm not sure I'll ever understand this stuff....

*sigh* I'm not sure I'll ever understand this stuff....

Like I say if we could sit down together and draw trick plays on the dry erase board, you'd get it.
And in ten minutes you'd know everything that I do.

Seems to me that people who go out of their way to point out that someone doesn't have the "aloha spirit" are missing the point themselves.

Last edited:
Mornin'!

Great job! Doesn't sound stupid at all. I have never done anything like that on mine. I don't trust myself to do it right. I always take it to the luthier. He just fixed a tuner on my banjolele free of charge yesterday. I was super grateful to have it fixed. Wasn't expecting it to be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom