::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a big Easter egg hunt. Then, we planted a dozen Kentucky Wonder pole beans. I made salmon with garlic,lemon slices,olive oil,ground pepper, and fresh dill,barbecue chicken,saffron rice,asparagus,and corn on the cob for dinner. Busy day.

Hi everyone! We really missed family today. We did not really go anywhere or do anything. All we did was talk to family in Cali who were all getting together and we just smelled all our neighbors cooking feasts. At least we have each other! Hope you all had a great holiday!

Early this morning hubby got up, hid the eggs and started the fire for me in my smoker. I put the pork butt on about 9. The kids did their egg hunt about noon after they rolled outta bed. It's actually more fun watching 3 adults scramble for eggs. They each have assigned colors and if they help each other find eggs they forfeit their own. If they take another's color (which Katie did accidentally) they hafta let the other pick one of their eggs (and Michael picked one that happen to have money in it, ha ha). It was fun.
Then I got my grubbies on and planted 6 tomatoes, 3 herbs and moved a bunch of potted plants to bigger pots. I kill everything so this should be an interesting spring seeing if I can remember to actually water regularly. Tomatoes need water almost daily in our arid weather so I'm going to try to be good about it.
By six the meat was done and I got the rest of the meal ready with some help from the girls. Katie's BF and Michaels GF joined us. Had a nice relaxing dinner, then we all watched Cosmos together like we always do on Sunday.
The foods put away, the kitchens cleaned up, hubby's gone to bed and I'm going to follow him soon. It was a good day and I got a lot done but boy am I tired.

Electric .

About 25 years ago I used to build and fly gas powered R/C airplanes. It was lots of fun, but very expensive. It also was not a relaxing hobby, other than the building part. The flying part could be very high anxiety. I gave it up and sold all of my stuff when I decided I could no longer afford it....

We had a big Easter egg hunt. Then, we planted a dozen Kentucky Wonder pole beans. I made salmon with garlic,lemon slices,olive oil,ground pepper, and fresh dill,barbecue chicken,saffron rice,asparagus,and corn on the cob for dinner. Busy day.

I think I'd like to eat at Richard's house....

Hi everyone! We really missed family today. We did not really go anywhere or do anything. All we did was talk to family in Cali who were all getting together and we just smelled all our neighbors cooking feasts. At least we have each other! Hope you all had a great holiday!

And get to live in freakin' paradise....:D

Early this morning hubby got up, hid the eggs and started the fire for me in my smoker. I put the pork butt on about 9. The kids did their egg hunt about noon after they rolled outta bed. It's actually more fun watching 3 adults scramble for eggs. They each have assigned colors and if they help each other find eggs they forfeit their own. If they take another's color (which Katie did accidentally) they hafta let the other pick one of their eggs (and Michael picked one that happen to have money in it, ha ha). It was fun.
Then I got my grubbies on and planted 6 tomatoes, 3 herbs and moved a bunch of potted plants to bigger pots. I kill everything so this should be an interesting spring seeing if I can remember to actually water regularly. Tomatoes need water almost daily in our arid weather so I'm going to try to be good about it.
By six the meat was done and I got the rest of the meal ready with some help from the girls. Katie's BF and Michaels GF joined us. Had a nice relaxing dinner, then we all watched Cosmos together like we always do on Sunday.
The foods put away, the kitchens cleaned up, hubby's gone to bed and I'm going to follow him soon. It was a good day and I got a lot done but boy am I tired.

Sally, we have nine hanging plant baskets on our wrap-around porch. They are a PITA to water, and we found we weren't doing it regularly enough, so the plants were dying. That's a lot of money going to waste.

So, I installed a drip irrigation system. There's a battery-operated timer that turns the water on and off at the intervals, and for the duration, you choose. The plastic tubes route water to wherever you have the plants. No more problems remembering to water...even if we go away on vacation. Problem solved.

I have to take ours down in the fall so that the lines don't freeze over the winter, but I'm sure you could use one year-round....

So, what will you do when the grandkids start appearing? Add new colors to the mix? Or, maybe they can hunt for the same color as their mom or dad. I can just see the big "kids" bowling over the little kids trying to find the Easter eggs. :D The whole thing just sounds like spool much fun....

Hello My Loves!

I cant catch up!
But hope everyone had a great Easter!
I went to Williamsburg, spoiled my8 7 year olds, saw Callie's baby brother who is the cutest thing ever, I worry... but yeah... it is what it is.
She was broken hearted saying good bye, but will see him again soon. Possibly like a month or so.
Had dinner at my parents last night.
It was fun!
The Easter Bunny rocked it this year...
and...

back to work :)!

So I am here!

I've got a lot of stuff I want to accomplish today. It's supposed to be a beautiful day, and it's making me feel energetic. I think I should take care of the errands first, so that I can get home and get busy. I need to go to the grocery store, the pharmacy, and Lowe's. Then I want to do an oil change on the riding mower, I have a toilet to repair, and I need to finish cleaning up the papers and trash that blow into our tree line over the winter.

I've already replaced four outdoor light bulbs, and picked up a bunch of junk out of the front yard. I should also do a bit of laundry and run the dishwasher. I guess I'd better get going! :D

Mrs. Butterfingers here did this to my sister's birthday cheesecake yesterday...

DOH!!!

cakeoops.jpg

Hello My Loves!

I cant catch up!
But hope everyone had a great Easter!
I went to Williamsburg, spoiled my8 7 year olds, saw Callie's baby brother who is the cutest thing ever, I worry... but yeah... it is what it is.
She was broken hearted saying good bye, but will see him again soon. Possibly like a month or so.
Had dinner at my parents last night.
It was fun!
The Easter Bunny rocked it this year...
and...

back to work :)!

So I am here!

Miss Mim, where in the world did you get six more 7 year olds?!! And how do you intend to feed and clothe them? And that makes 13 kids. Everybody knows that 13 is an unlucky number! I know you and Levi have huge hearts, Mim, but six more? I worry about you two....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom