::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that being said, I am fascinated by the religious beliefs of others, and usually enjoy hearing about them, as long as the conversation is even-handed and respectful. If your only goal is to convince me that you're right and I'm wrong, our conversation is going to be very short.

So am I, I think that's part of the reason I traveled in Asia so much when I was younger.
I was sent to a Catholic grade school as a kid and from a very early age I knew there was something wrong. The nuns that supposed to be the representatives of God were the meanest people I had ever met.

My religious views are pretty public.

Outside of preaching and teaching people have to ask me to get a faith-based answer. I prefer listening to others say what works for them.

Could you just die from the cuteness?
I have a lot of good pictures, but I love this one! Her looking at him and him looking at her! Just a neat connection there:

IMG_7508.jpg
Oh my gosh!
How adorable!

My husband's relatives have been relentless in their proselytizing at me. They've known me for over two decades, but refuse to give it a rest. Even the kids won't leave me alone about it.

My avoidance of them has led to nasty reprisals from Rich.

Assholes.

Put it this way, I would never try to convince anyone to become an atheist. I might argue science, but I'd never tell you that you were doomed for life based on you beliefs. Please, please, please, let me rot in hell.

and a happy Earth-day to you!

Everyone! Pick up some trash today.

Watching an episode of Mad Men a while back my kids were astonished at a scene in a park where the characters are having a picnic. When they leave they just leave their trash on the ground. I had to explain to my kids that was not uncommon. They were appalled.

Cleaning up can be infectious. Once when I was maybe 10, (b4 the first earth day) my folks and I were at a concert in the park. Back then peeps were pigs, trash was just left where they dropped it. As people left, I started picking up trash and puting it in the trash can. Pretty soon adults started helping me. After a while we had the whole area cleaned up. I remember thinking, hey, I can make a difference.

I just want Mim to get that baby. I know it's not in the plan, but......

Yeah... I was just looking through the FB pics and thought the same thing, but I bet I also looked rough as hell after I had my baby. Hope Carrie gets her stuff together and can be a good mom.

A few weeks ago there was a lament on the thread about the difficulty of working on modern cars. Got me this week. Need to replace headlight bulbs. I don't have big hands, but I'd need the hands of a 6 year old to get into that space. Sheesh!

A few months back I paid $30.00 to have a brake light changed.

The lens cover is held in place by long plastic protrusions with hard plastic knobs on the end. They're supposed to just pop out with force, but it really feels like you're going to snap one off unless you know "the trick." When it felt like I was going to break one I went inside and looked up the price of the lens out of curiosity. $320.00! I figure the dealer saved me $290.00 this time.

Still grumpy about having to pay for someone to change a bulb!

I'm watching world vision and it is so random. Traditional Indian silver filligree straight to Helene Fischer, who is a German pop singer who is "revolutionizing the schlager style of singing". It's funny how different news sets are from country to country. My favorite is the Korean news, though. I like their weather girl. I'm trying to learn to understand celcius.

I'm watching world vision and it is so random. Traditional Indian silver filligree straight to Helene Fischer, who is a German pop singer who is "revolutionizing the schlager style of singing". It's funny how different news sets are from country to country. My favorite is the Korean news, though. I like their weather girl. I'm trying to learn to understand celcius.

celcius is probably good when living in Japan....

I'm sort of sad that the first batch of East-Start ukes that were received appear to have significant defects. As much as I understood the risks this group was taking by ordering direct from a factory, I sort of hoped against hope that they would get good instruments. The bridges I saw on the photos posted were egregious.

With that being said, many of the recipients are approaching it with a good attitude; they knew they were getting them cheap, they expected to have to make some upgrades and tweaks, and are still happy with the deal they got. I think those who thought they would get a Kamoa Evolve at less than half the price will be the most disappointed.

If anything, I think it makes it that much clearer what the middle men (the importers, the dealers, etc.) do to earn their keep, and why the extra dollars we pay for their services are more than worth it.

Good morning (afternoon) Hos.

In the middle of the new common core testing.

I'm convinced it's just another lever to break up public education. If they want to "fix" education throw money at the teachers. Attract the best and brightest and raise the bar for those wishing to go into education. Make being a teacher an attractive job, with the respect it deserves and it will naturally weed out the incompetent and underqualified because they won't be able to cut it.

Teaching to a test to measure a teacher's worth doesn't even make sense. There are too many variables with each and every student for a standardized test to be a measure of a teacher's competence. Some children WILL be left behind . . . and that's okay as long as we can also show them a path to being productive and contributing to society.

I'm getting upset so I'll step down now.

. . . but this is a stupid test and someone is making a ton of money from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom