::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning folks. Hectic week this week, but it'll finish in five hours and then I'm off camping with a decent chunk of my family. Bliss. Really glad I got maybe Season's video done yesterday as I'm not gonna have much more chance, plus it'll be a good song to show off with at the campsite tomorrow evening.

Maria, did you find the tab? Goes Dm, A#, C, Dm for the riff/chorus with A, C to lead into the verse. I'll see if I can find a link.

You're not wrong.

Yay used to be yea.

Yeah means yes.

OK, very good. I thought I was more crazy than I am. I'm going back to Yea. Yea!

Nope. I'm not much of a mocker. :)

I'm super sleepy tonight, and my fretting hand is throbbing. Time for herbal remedies...

I hope you know that I was teasing? Trying to get someone to respond.

Morning folks. Hectic week this week, but it'll finish in five hours and then I'm off camping with a decent chunk of my family. Bliss. Really glad I got maybe Season's video done yesterday as I'm not gonna have much more chance, plus it'll be a good song to show off with at the campsite tomorrow evening.

Maria, did you find the tab? Goes Dm, A#, C, Dm for the riff/chorus with A, C to lead into the verse. I'll see if I can find a link.

I didn't! But I forgot to look! >.< I was all into recording last night and learning another song for my friend...and then I had to pop off to bed because we have a plumber coming in 15 minutes!!! YAY! (No, really...not yay...I hate mornings.)

It's morning!
Since my car has a CD player in it, I am going to start the day off with a little Uncle E.

Code:
[COLOR="#000080"][CENTER]Ukulele Song
Arthur Godfrey[/CENTER]

[Em7] Girl met a boy boy met a girl
Once u[Bdim]pon a uku[D]lele
[D] Boy couldn't play [D7] GCEA on the lady’s uku[G]lele

[G] Moonlit lagoons tropical tunes
How she [Bdim] played her uku[D]lele
[D] Though he could pet he couldn’t fret
On her pretty uku[G]lele

[G7] Stranger came by with a gleam in his eye
And [C] oh how he could [G] wiki waki [C] woo [C] [B] [Bb]
[A] After a while they went marching down the aisle
Singing wiki waki we [D] do [D7]

Now the [G] boy’s gotten wise girls idolise
The way he [Bdim] plays his uku[D]lele
[D] Easy to see take it from me get yourself a uku[G]lele

Solo: [G] [Bdim] [D] [G] [G] [Bdim] [D] [G]

[G7] Stranger came by with a gleam in his eye
And [C] oh how he could [G] wiki waki [C] woo [C] [B] [Bb]
[A] After a while they went marching down the aisle
Singing wiki waki we [D] do [D7]

Now the [G] boy’s gotten wise girls idolise
The way he [Bdim] plays his uku[D]lele
[D] Easy to see take it from me get yourself a uku[G]lele

They showed an opening riff of:
Intro tab: Slide E3→E10 then C7 E7 A7 E10 C7 E7 A7
Which is a little confusing, just a little bit.
He played a baritone. So If you played the G to D slide on the E string. Then barred the seventh fret and let each string ring separate. It would be D G B E, an octave higher than the baritone open strings.

On the:
[C] woo [C] [Bb]
[A] After a While

It can be the "Bb shape" C chord walked down to an A chord.[/COLOR]

If I am scarce for awhile... it is me not you :p

Haha!

I am going to Williamsburg tonight to visit family for a day and see Callie's birthmom and birth maternal grandmother on Saturday. Should be fun.
Just me and my 2 little'uns. Which I am looking forward to spoiling them and letting them do whatever their 7 year old hearts desire (rather than what works for the whole age range).
So this should be fun!

But I also am in my "slow season" which you would think would mean I am around more, but I got to kick it up a notch so I can make some money :)

That one is a bit of a bear to play.

Yeah it was tough for me to crack but I finally managed it by using my thumb to fret the G# in the C#m7 and G#7. Once I got those it did open up the rest of the song. Really satisfying once I got it too.

Edit: that link automatically transposes it up seven half steps, I reset it and play it that way.

Yeah it was tough for me to crack but I finally managed it by using my thumb to fret the G# in the C#m7 and G#7. Once I got those it did open up the rest of the song. Really satisfying once I got it too.

Edit: that link automatically transposes it up seven half steps, I reset it and play it that way.

Yes, I noticed that it was up seven clicks.
Finding a key where it's comfortable playing, and still in a key where your voice works can be a challenge, sometimes.
On this song, I don't know what key would be easy to play. I think Clapton might be a sadist.

Finding a key where it's comfortable playing, and still in a key where your voice works can be a challenge, sometimes.
On this song, I don't know what key would be easy to play. I think Clapton might be a sadist.

That's why that little transpose button is such a lovely gem.

I just found a site that identifies chords from root notes...that's been really helpful for me this morning. I could only find piano tutorials for the intro to the song I'm learning...and so I had to figure out the chords from there. I wish I knew more about music theory...but I'm figuring it out in my own backwards way LOL

Anyhow, the site is: HERE in case anyone else might have use for it.

I'm having a productive morning...I mapped out a painting...just waiting for the water to be turned on again so I can get started on it and not have paint all over my office.

Yeah, went through pretty much every key and for the most part it was choosing between making it easy in the verse or easy in the chorus.

This is how it ended up anyway:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom