::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, at 11:30, is the preliminary round for the county fair talent show. I will meet all of the acts for the first time, and preview each act. It's like a dress rehearsal, in that they will use the stage and the sound system, and be in "costume", and perform their entire act. The sound guy will get the chance to try out the recordings of music that the acts bring, and hopefully we'll find and fix any minor problems.

The actual talent show is Saturday at noon. I have to admit to being pretty nervous about the emcee responsibilities. Let's just say I'll be happier when this is all over....;)

Today should be my last day at this temp gig. Glad of it. I miss sleeping in.

I had a dream that I officiated Kim Kardashian's wedding. It was terrible. I was very unprepared. Totally unlike me.

"Dearly beloved... we are gathered here to join this loudmouthed egomaniac to this talentless airhead. If anyone sees a reason these two should not be joined, besides the obvious, let him call TMZ now, or forever be banished to basic cable."

Seriously, it just writes itself.

Happy Anniversary Rob and Shirley.

43 years? Wow, that's wonderful.

Happy Anniversary to Rob and Shirley!

Very nice uke, Freeda! I've played a handful of them, and they always impress. (IMO, the concert size is where KoAloha really shines.)

Today, at 11:30, is the preliminary round for the county fair talent show. I will meet all of the acts for the first time, and preview each act. It's like a dress rehearsal, in that they will use the stage and the sound system, and be in "costume", and perform their entire act. The sound guy will get the chance to try out the recordings of music that the acts bring, and hopefully we'll find and fix any minor problems.

The actual talent show is Saturday at noon. I have to admit to being pretty nervous about the emcee responsibilities. Let's just say I'll be happier when this is all over....;)

What impressed me at our audition was how the staff treated everybody. We were all treated equally. Even if the performer was good, bad, excellent, weird or other -- there were no remarks that differentiated us. The audience was equally as polite.

What impressed me at our audition was how the staff treated everybody. We were all treated equally. Even if the performer was good, bad, excellent, weird or other -- there were no remarks that differentiated us. The audience was equally as polite.

Did I miss the post where you told us how great you performed at the audition?

How was the experience?

Congrats Rob! What's the secret?

I will be 68 when we hit 43 years. That is a long time.

Mostly for me it's remembering that I'm no bargain and I will never do this well again.

That and saying, "Yes dear," at every opportunity.

The preliminaries are finished, and we're on the way to the actual competition on Saturday. As expected, the two dance acts, both of whom are little girls, were just as cute as can be. One of them is 4, the other is 6. The two musical acts were a bit older, and did well, also.

Now I just need to get past my nervousness about being emcee at the competition, and everything will be fine. The reality is that the talent show will take less than an hour all together, and most of that will be taken up by the acts. Nobody is there to see the emcee, so I need to quit being nervous about it.

I was very impressed at how professional and easy to work with the sound crew is. They were attentive and willing to be accommodating, moving microphones, monitors and other equipment as needed to make it easier for the acts. That aspect of the show has been rendered painless for me. ;)

Happy Anniversary to Rob and Shirley!

Very nice uke, Freeda! I've played a handful of them, and they always impress. (IMO, the concert size is where KoAloha really shines.)

That's an opportunity I'd like to have someday. I've played a couple of K brands over the years, but never a concert, which is my favorite....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom