::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to play a baritone Compass Rose. One of three in existence. The one I played is tuned an octave lower GCEA and sounds amazing when you accompany other people.

I also played The Wowee. Slot head, nano jumbo w/cutaway Compass Rose.

I almost never post in this thread (everything happens too fast for me here), but I also got to play the Wowee. Aptly named, and even more beautiful in person than in its photos, if that's possible. I've also played Gary's CR. I get to play the CR jumbo baritone all the time. :)

By the way, Rick said in Gillian's New Compass Rose Day thread (post #21) that he's dropping the "mini," "nano," and "micro," etc. deisgnations of the jumbo shape and instead usig the designations concert jumbo, tenor jumbo, and baritone jumbo.

I almost never post in this thread (everything happens too fast for me here), but I also got to play the Wowee. Aptly named, and even more beautiful in person than in its photos, if that's possible. I've also played Gary's CR. I get to play the CR jumbo baritone all the time. :)

By the way, Rick said in Gillian's New Compass Rose Day thread (post #21) that he's dropping the "mini," "nano," and "micro," etc. deisgnations of the jumbo shape and instead usig the designations concert jumbo, tenor jumbo, and baritone jumbo.

Nice seeing you today Mark!

Guess who played ukulele today.

. . . and now my finger tips hurt.

I got to play a baritone Compass Rose. One of three in existence. The one I played is tuned an octave lower GCEA and sounds amazing when you accompany other people.

I also played The Wowee. Slot head, nano jumbo w/cutaway Compass Rose.

Sounds like you had a great time.

Made tepee of poles lashed together 8ft tall with a front opening for the kids to go in. Planted Purple potted pole beans to grow on it. Should makes lots and lots of beans. Also, planted a bunch of onions, a row of corn, some soybeans, and epazote. This will be a great year in the garden. Already had planted a bunch of stuff last week.

Went to El Cholo Mexican restaurant with parents,wife,and kids. I had chile colorado. They put a sombrero on me and sang happy birthday. I am not a fan of public happy birthday singing in a restaurant with the staff. Such an awkward feeling, but had a nice time there.

Nice seeing you today Mark!

Nice seeing you too, Gary!

I'm curious about your Access bag. I may like it more than the Mono case I had with me today, and I was wondering what the model was (I'm guessing it's a Stage Three HB, but I'm not sure.) I was hoping to find one somewhere. Thanks!

I have been wearing an ankle brace for a sprained ankle. Too much running and yard work. I am not a fan of feeling my age. Hope it heals soon. I really like being active.

Made tepee of poles lashed together 8ft tall with a front opening for the kids to go in. Planted Purple potted pole beans to grow on it. Should makes lots and lots of beans. Also, planted a bunch of onions, a row of corn, some soybeans, and epazote. This will be a great year in the garden. Already had planted a bunch of stuff last week.

Those beans are really good, I get the "rattlesnake" variety.

Nice seeing you too, Gary!

I'm curious about your Access bag. I may like it more than the Mono case I had with me today, and I was wondering what the model was (I'm guessing it's a Stage Three HB, but I'm not sure.) I was hoping to find one somewhere. Thanks!

I'll try to see if it says what model it is tomorrow.

I have been wearing an ankle brace for a sprained ankle. Too much running and yard work. I am not a fan of feeling my age. Hope it heals soon. I really like being active.

I've hurt myself more in the last couple of weeks being 'active' so many times, that it's pathetic. For me, it's the amount of time I spend inactive that's the problem.

Putting that hitch on the trailer two weeks ago was one thing. Two bolts had to be torqued to 250 lbs. Even with my big torque wrench it was tough. Then changing the heights on the hitch bar several times to dial it in, something popped in my right shoulder tightening those bolts. I had to use a 15/16 wrench on one side and a 15/16 socket with a breaker bar on the other side to tighten it up.

Shoulder was doing much better until I took Raeden for a ride at the go cart track. Where they sit so low, I had a hard time getting out, then had to unbuckle her, and lift her from nearly ground level. In doing so, the shoulder popped again, and is hurting as I type this.

If Michele's massage therapist came to the house again soon, I would get her to work on it, but unfortunately, she's been flaking out on Michele for about the last month, coming only once in that time. The first time she didn't come, and didn't call or text to cancel. Just left her hanging. She later said that a friend had an 'emergency' and she left her phone at home. The last couple of times, she's had some kind of sickness or injury, and cancelled at the last minute. Ah well, if it were a perfect world....

Last night, when I was unhooking the trailer from the truck, I was using the breaker bar to loosen the over-the-center latches. It slipped off and I smashed my left thumb right at the base of my nail. It sent pain all the way up under my arm. Almost like a funny bone pain, but a lot more intense.

It was lovely.

Last edited:
Morning folks. The busy weekend I had planned was ruined because I was laid low with the sickness bug it turns out my girlfriend had during the week. Which was unpleasant but also a bit of a relief as it meant my girlfriend wasn't/won't be suffering from morning sickness for the foreseeable. Still up the duff though.

Got no less than 5 vids up on the seasons though! Was feeling well enough to go to an Open Mic last night but by then my girlfriend was sick of hearing me play ukulele (especially as I'd probably have put some of the Seasons songs into my set) so we decided to stay in.

Glad I got the songs in for this Season yesterday though, doing some work in the evenings along with my normal job so I'm not gonna have any spare time.

I was apparently on TV this morning but I can't find the piece online. Oh well. Someone will find and post it. We got three new member requests already!

Morning everyone, sorry I've been away... Work is kicking my butt! But I am not complaining, it's good to be back. Just tired when I get home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom