::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was pretty cool. Some of what they are growing I would never use, but I like the idea of it all. I'm surprised that they didn't talk at all about solar hot water, or solar electricity production. I'm also surprised that they would advocate using their washing machine waste water, which would contain soap, to water their fruit trees. They are certainly bringing themselves closer to being part of the solution to the world's problems, and farther from being part of the cause....
I'm sure they are washing with a biodegradable soap like Dr Bronners. These peeps seem to know their stuff.

I like how he said when he first modified his plumbing how it was illegal but isn't anymore.

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

I may be mistaken, but isn't 4/21 the Day of the PoHo?

I'm good at growing things outdoors (Rich is great with indoor stuff, too). My main things have been roses and herbs.

I'm good at growing things outdoors (Rich is great with indoor stuff, too). My main things have been roses and herbs.
its is our day! Where's Jon to remind us? Slacker leader. De-throne him I say!

The Ren Fest yesterday was so much fun and the weather was perfect. Here are pics of my girlies buying their Easter get ups ..

Charlene Ren Fest.jpgSally Ren Fest.jpg

The Ren Fest yesterday was so much fun and the weather was perfect. Here are pics of my girlies buying their Easter get ups ..

View attachment 66083View attachment 66084

How much fun is that?! Buying, or renting the costumes? I used to love going to the Ren Fest near here, but I haven't gone in years. I never did do the whole costume thing....

I have been busy today! The riding lawn mower is all but ready for the season. I found out today that the John Deere place will sharpen the blades for $6 each. At that price, it's not worth fooling with myself. For $12, I'll take the blades off, take them over there and let them do it. But, I did change the oil and the filter, clean the air filter, air up the tires and adjust the belt that's been problematic.

I noticed that the front tires are almost completely bald, and checked the price with the dealer. They want $59 for each tire, and $15 each to mount them. I'll shop around and see if I can get them any cheaper elsewhere.

I just finished repairing the upstairs toilet. It needed a new fill valve. I still need to make a minor adjustment and clean up my mess, and then that job's done, too.

After dinner I'll start a load of laundry, and the dishwasher.

I got lots done today....

You are right! WooHoo! Happy International Day of the PoHo everybody!

Ordered a new phone. Moto X 32 gig. Bigger and pricier than my last Moto X. Oh well. Still less than a few months of service under our old plan. :D Yay Republic Wireless!

Ordered a new phone. Moto X 32 gig. Bigger and pricier than my last Moto X. Oh well. Still less than a few months of service under our old plan. :D Yay Republic Wireless!

Do you do the Wi-Fi, the 3G, or the 4G plan, Freeda? I'm curious about how the service quality is on Wi-Fi....

I'm sure they are washing with a biodegradable soap like Dr Bronners. These peeps seem to know their stuff.

I like how he said when he first modified his plumbing how it was illegal but isn't anymore.
Yes, there is NOTHING WRONG with watering plants from washing machine waste water. I know people who do this too. Plants love it, something about phosphates in laundry soap that are like fertilizer I think.

How much fun is that?! Buying, or renting the costumes? I used to love going to the Ren Fest near here, but I haven't gone in years. I never did do the whole costume thing....

Buying. I could have purchased a BP for what they spent. Ouch. They both looked mahvahlous.

Oh, and Don, I think they did not have solar water heating / solar electricity because those things cost money to implement - their stuff was decidedly low-cost, like the compost bins and the solar food dehydrator - built with found lumber. I would love to have solar electricity and solar hot water at my place. Since we do not own the house we are living in, it is not up to us though. Nearly everyone on our street has photo-voltaic panels on the roof. I hope that when we are able to buy a home we will also be able to implement those technologies or get a home with them already.

Oh, and Don, I think they did not have solar water heating / solar electricity because those things cost money to implement - their stuff was decidedly low-cost, like the compost bins and the solar food dehydrator - built with found lumber. I would love to have solar electricity and solar hot water at my place. Since we do not own the house we are living in, it is not up to us though. Nearly everyone on our street has photo-voltaic panels on the roof. I hope that when we are able to buy a home we will also be able to implement those technologies or get a home with them already.

Most of the solar systems (I almost ventured to say "all") we see here are solar hot water. We don't get enough sunshine year-round to make solar electric generation for household use practical. I can see where it would be perfect for Hawaii, though....

Buying. I could have purchased a BP for what they spent. Ouch. They both looked mahvahlous.

I don't remember the elaborate face painting at our Ren Fest. They do have costumes available, and they do a lot of very fancy hair braiding. Some folks really get into it.

I hope your girls go back often enough to make the purchase of the costumes worthwhile....:D

I heard on the news recently that 81 of Oahu's 416 circuits are producing more electricity from home solar panels than is consumed. I think that's pretty cool!
On our little drive through those abandoned neighborhoods yesterday we also came across a large solar panel farm, just looked it up it makes 5 megawatts of power. Impressive!
http://sunetric.com/blog/post/kalaeloa-solar-farm-now-generating-power/

Hi, Catulele, I see you down there at the bottom of the page (again). You should chime in and join the conversation! We don't bite, well, at least not much. :D

Welcome to UU, and welcome to the Poho thread. It's much more fun to participate than to just lurk, though. Go ahead, jump in....

Some of us nibble a bit.

There's a day of the PoHo? I missed that at orientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom