::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love hearing that folks still use them! I know several PoHos have theirs on uke cases. I also heard that several people lost theirs at the field. I wonder if other folks found them, or whether there are still a few laying in the grass out there....

Along with Bonita's wedding ring.

We've all done this.

Or how about the tuner that can be set to D tuning and trying to tune your GCEA 'uke?

Yep. And the entire time you're tuning your ear is saying "there's something not quite right" but you go ahead and do it because those little green lights on the tuner are telling you to.

Yep. And the entire time you're tuning your ear is saying "there's something not quite right" but you go ahead and do it because those little green lights on the tuner are telling you to.

When I was a teenager, trying to teach myself to play guitar (yes, they had guitars back then!), there were no electronic tuners. There were tuning forks, and pitch pipes, and pianos to tune by. I didn't really understand all the theory (imagine that!), but I did learn how to tune my guitar to itself, one string to the next to the next.

It may have been WAY out of standard tuning, but since I was playing by myself it didn't matter....

When I was a teenager, trying to teach myself to play guitar (yes, they had guitars back then!), there were no electronic tuners. There were tuning forks, and pitch pipes, and pianos to tune by. I didn't really understand all the theory (imagine that!), but I did learn how to tune my guitar to itself, one string to the next to the next.

It may have been WAY out of standard tuning, but since I was playing by myself it didn't matter....

Thinking back on that now, it was sort of too bad. I had no idea what "keys" were, had never heard of a capo, and had no concept of transposing. I knew some basic chords, and had some fake books. If a song I wanted to play was out of my vocal range, as printed, I just gave up on it. I had no idea you could make it fit. MAN, that was a long time ago....:D

I love smart phone apps for tuning. So handy to have with you when you've forgotten your tuner.

On my mainland I leave my tuner on. It's a tiny one I got from UU. You don't even notice it's there.

I love smart phone apps for tuning. So handy to have with you when you've forgotten your tuner.

On my mainland I leave my tuner on. It's a tiny one I got from UU. You don't even notice it's there.

I have one of those tiny ones on my Big Island, and I really like it. I may buy another one for the Eastman.

I have a tuner app on my iPod Touch, but I don't always carry that with me....

Somehow I knew this would slip past me, even though I had thought about it earlier today....

attachment.php

Attachments

• 38K.jpg
    38K.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
History query of you ancient and venerable PoHonians...

Who or what is "Ahnko Honu?"

Ahnko Honu (Uncle Turtle in Hawaiian), is, or at least was, a UU member. Great guy. I know he had some serious health issues a few years back, and I've not seen him around in some time. He was one of the original denizens of this very thread....

It's been quite a day. In the seventies. Lots going on all day.

I started out by getting together with my son for my usuall walk around the park. When we were through walking we went down by the Salt Creek at the same park and then hiked around the grounds for a bit. Then we finished that outing by running his RC cars in the parking lot.

I started out by getting together with my son for my usuall walk around the park. When we were through walking we went down by the Salt Creek at the same park and then hiked around the grounds for a bit. Then we finished that outing by running his RC cars in the parking lot.

Then I returned home. After noon we had my sister, my son, my daughter and her family over for dinner. Probably four hours including visiting. Now I'm recovering. Happy but a little tired.

Then I returned home. After noon we had my sister, my son, my daughter and her family over for dinner. Probably four hours including visiting. Now I'm recovering. Happy but a little tired.

Sounds like a great day, Rob. Were the R/C cars gas, or electric?

My friend and I really cleaned out my car. Then we talked about moving plans. The goal is to be moved in by May 17th.

What kind of car did you get, Mandi? Moving out has to be very exciting....

2002 Saturn

I'm so excited to move out! I've been living at home for almost 4 years. Hopefully this time I won't have to move back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom