::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I went to a local car show, and then I went to a different one today. I was both pleased and surprised to find that there weren't just the same group of cars at both shows. There was some overlap, but there was also some diversity.

The good news is that I may have found a buyer for one of my VWs. I haven't done anything with them in over five years....so it's time for them to go. I met this guy at today's show, and he came over this afternoon to look at the car. He likes the car well enough to say he'd like to buy it, but we have yet to discuss price. I haven't thought seriously yet about how much to ask for it....

It was 110 ****ing degrees out there!!!!!!

We only stayed for 2 1/2 hours, stopped at Sonic and got a slush, and then to Walmart for a plastic kiddie pool. Filled the pool under an umbrella and cooled off when we got home.

Stupid heat.

Yeah, that's the other thing that keeps me away. They have it at the hottest time of the year. Same reason I'll not attend Burning Man.

It's hot here today. Has been for a while. The US Open of surfing has started so my town is crazy. It goes on for a week. Next weekend will be even crazier when it ends. Last year idiots did stupid things at the end; smashing windows and tipping over port-a-potties. But not as bad as back in the 80's a riot was so bad they flipped cop cars and set them on fire.

The actions of these are never local. Last year the locals grabbed the trouble makers and held them until the police caught up. The locals have a real "don't mess with our town" attitude.

The cops are out in force this year, I hope they can handle it.

Some money wandered into my account... a fair amount. I was thinking of buying another uke. Then decided that I'd be a lot happier if I put that money into lessons. Messaged Craig. So we'll see how that works out.
Excellent!

If Aldrine ever quits teaching, Craig is who I want.

Sally was talking about the heat. It's been pretty mild here. Today I think it hit 85, but didn't stay there long. The next seven days are suposed to be in the seventies according to my Weather Bug app.

I just looked at Weather Underground. They said it's 73.4 degrees with a 73 degree dew point. 99% humidity. Time to go for a swim?

Today is supposed to be hotter than yesterday so we are heading to Monterey to visit the Aquarium and then have a picnic at the beach.

Also picking up rods and reels for surf fishing. Perch and stripers be warned! :)

Last edited:
I just looked at Weather Underground. They said it's 73.4 degrees with a 73 degree dew point. 99% humidity. Time to go for a swim?

I'm pretty sure I'd die in that much humidity. I can take the high dry heat but hot and humid, like we're experiencing now, is unbearable.

Rich, how goes the garden?

My cucumbers and cherry tomatoes are supplying a bounty of Greek salads this summer.

I need a lemon tree and I'm planting some garlic this winter too. My beans were a flop this year. Tough and stringy. I need to figure out why, they were heirloom seeds from last year. Maybe my original plants weren't heirloom like claimed?

My corn was delicious, but not enough yield for a small garden. Next year I'll need to plant more somewhere else in my yard.

My sunflowers have yet to bloom and are currently higher than the rain gutters. I hope the squirrels don't go after them.

Good morning Rob.

You get a personal "Good morning" because you're the only other person here when I get up these days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom