::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows how much I watched that show.

There was a big ruckus when they killed her off. People thought the writers were callous. I thought it was hilarious.

George, being cheap, bought some old marked down envelopes to put their wedding invitations in. The outdated glue on them had gone bad and she was poisoned.

There was a big ruckus when they killed her off. People thought the writers were callous. I thought it was hilarious.

George, being cheap, bought some old marked down envelopes to put their wedding invitations in. The outdated glue on them had gone bad and she was poisoned.

I vaguely remember the episode when they killed her off. I actually liked how they ended the show when they all got thrown in jail for being asshats.

Just got the spring copy of Ukulele magazine and they have Heidi Swedberg on the cover and a huge article with lots of pics of her. Seems a peculiar choice when there are so many other more renowned players out there who have been at it longer than a few years.

Heidi may be best known for her gig on Seinfeld, but she has 45 actor credits on her imdb.com page. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0842056/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1 Also, she was born in Honolulu, which ought to give her at least a little ukulele credibility. And she has two ukulele CDs (Play! and My Cup of Tea) so it isn't like Ukulele Magazine picked her only for her celebrity as an actor. Also, I think that celebrity ukulele players are good for ukulele visibility. Ukuleles have gotten a boost from people like Zooey Deschanel, Eddie Vedder, and even Warren Buffett, none of whom is best known for ukulele playing. Maybe James Hill, Sarah Maisel, Craig Chee, and others are better ukulele players than Heidi, but her road to ukulele playing is interesting and she's someone that people who aren't ukulele players might recognize, and that makes her marketing gold for a magazine that's trying to develop a broad-based readership and perhaps even introduce new people to the ukulele as an instrument.

See? There you go.

I loved that way of killing off a character. It was so George.

Rafe Report
We will probably go to the Canoe Hut Lounge tonight and hear Iwalani Ho`omanawanuiikanaauao Apo play some music. Last week it was pretty cool, we were chatting with Ho`o and she said to me, "You need a Hawaiian name. We have to get you a Hawaiian name." It is a pretty big deal when a native Hawaiian gives you a name, those really long middle names are traditionally given as gifts by Kupuna (elders) to children. So I think she is going to give me one. Really curious to see what happens with that!
We want to go to the beach tomorrow. Weather has been uncooperative of late, really windy. Today is kind of grey. We'll see.
Saturday night I have to work - server updates - but at least I can do that from home.
I think I will try to hide some candy or chocolate eggs for Nanilei, I have done that a few times and it is always fun for both of us. I usually leave one in plain sight and then she knows there are more...

I really really really want to get my Little White Uke video done. I want to do it someplace scenic, another reason I want to go to the beach tomorrow.
I'm going to play He Hawai`i Au by Peter Moon. That song has deep meaning for me, and I think it is appropriate to the Little White Uke. The song basically says:
Tonight I am here with you
Tonight I have returned
Long has been my journey
searching for a place in this world
I now see clearly and understand
The home within my heart
I returned when I realized this
I shall not wander again
For I understand I am Hawaiian

So, even though I am not Hawaiian by blood or birth, it *IS* the home within my heart, and I identify with it strongly.

Speaking of Ho`o, NorCal PoHos? You should really check this out...
This is what I get to hear tonight!
2014abb_kuini_website.jpg

http://www.alohabythebay.org/index.htm
Ho`o is the one in the middle. We also know the other two pretty well, the one on the left is KapulanaKehau Tamure, who is really very quiet and shy but has a HUGE voice, and on the right is Kelli "Gobbles" Viernes. I have NO idea why she has that nickname and we feel weird using it so we call her Kelli, but everyone else calls her Gobbles. OK enough fanboy-ing for one day.

Last edited:
I always think Nick Kim is a NorCal PoHo, but I guess he's more Central California. Might be a little far for him to make it. I don't know why I keep thinking of him living in Santa Cruz instead of Santa Barbara.

This has been my favorite post of the day "out there".

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?95074-Horseman-s-watch-with-the-Fam

I've been playing along with the song in the video, experimenting with chord inversions and PMing with the original poster. Great original song, great ensemble playing, great singing....just a great time all around.

The OP is going to see about getting me a copy of the lyrics, as I can't quite hear them well enough on the video....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom