::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolted? Do you mean flowered? Just pinch off the flowers when they do that. Herb plants can be kept year round that way, I think.

I just learned the "bolted" term earlier today when I was reading. Yes, it means growing up the center quick and about to flower. I was hoping I could just lop off the top, but they said the leaves would already be bitter. I have another one I am going to trim and use today. I think trimming reduces the bolting. Hot weather increases the risk of bolting. I have lots to learn, but the whole family is enjoying our mini farm.

I just learned the "bolted" term earlier today when I was reading. Yes, it means growing up the center quick and about to flower. I was hoping I could just lop off the top, but they said the leaves would already be bitter. I have another one I am going to trim and use today. I think trimming reduces the bolting. Hot weather increases the risk of bolting. I have lots to learn, but the whole family is enjoying our mini farm.
Just happen to chat with my sis. She grows everything. She said to just pinch them off and you can have herbs year round, especially here in so cal.

I wasn't going to plant this year because last year just went to waste but bbq'ing in the backyard yesterday and reading all of your posts about gardens has me motivated to plant a garden again.

I always forget about sugar snap peas. Totally planting those this year.

Get James involved. Let him pick out a plant and take care of it. I don't know many kids that don't enjoy digging in the dirt.

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

I've spent the past hour repeatedly blowing up and soaping up my punchy clown.
(I dealt him a serious blow a few days ago, and need to find his leaks.)

Me? I am comfortable lurking right now. My life is bori as h*ll. I work, I practice and I play my silly little computer games. Not exactly stimulating conversation. I am boring even to me.

I resemble this remark.

Since TKO started keeping daywalker hours, we've been going out on regular dates. We realized we didn't know what to do with ourselves when we went printer shopping after dinner. Date fail.

I'll be on the field. So will Mandi. Not sure when she's leaving but if it's Monday, she's bringing a big tent.

How are you getting back to the airport Monday, I gotta bum a ride if Mandi leaves Sunday.

I have a rental car booked. I'd be happy to give you a lift. My DL is good for another seven years, so I should be good to go this time.

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

I've spent the past hour repeatedly blowing up and soaping up my punchy clown.
(I dealt him a serious blow a few days ago, and need to find his leaks.)

You shouldn't call your husband a punchy clown. And I'm sorry he leaks.

Howzit errrrrrrrrybody!
Riding TheBus.
RichM, would love to get my mitts on 3 or 4 of those ukuleles but probably can't afford the ones I want. Maybe the KoAloha. The others I covet would be the Macaferri, the ukaferri, and the CR.

Pretty sure I'm keeping the ukaferri and the CR. The others might be open for discussion.

Get James involved. Let him pick out a plant and take care of it. I don't know many kids that don't enjoy digging in the dirt.

Last year he grew a few sunflowers along our fence.

The birds and squirrels loved it, he was pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom