::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hau`oli la hanau e Kimo!

It is Monday.

Had a great weekend, makes Monday tougher.

In other news, I know that I might get some backlash for this, but Nanilei and I officially are annoyed by the current youth trend of ukulele playing. All the people trying to be Jake, playing as loud and as fast as they can, without much substance behind it, is very annoying. It grates on the ears. It makes me sad that "they" think this is "great" ukulele playing. Not at all like Craig and Sarah.
We went to the Ukulele Jam on Saturday. The first group, Heart & Soul, was largely just noise. Then Kamakakehau Fernandez took the stage. This gentleman has a very interesting story. He was born in Little Rock, Arkansas and at 6 weeks of age was adopted by a Hawaiian family that lives on Maui. He was enrolled in Hawaiian Immersion schools and learned to speak the language fluently and completely identifies himself as a Hawaiian. He happens to be African-American. So he made lots of jokes about "No shame being a BROTHER that is a Braddah!" He is a great guy and very talented. Then Kuana Torres Kahele took the stage. He was great as usual.

I know it makes me sound :eek:ld: but I just don't get it. I mean Aldrine and Kalei are not annoying when they do all the crazy stuff, but why do all these other kids think that just because it's fast, it's good?

Just like the mentality of bar/cover bands. Louder means better!

You forgot to say "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

Happy birthday to young James.

For some reason I couldn't get the S&C vid to play on my Kindle. Or maybe I was just impatient?

Lunch at "Chef Man Restaurant" (Benihana's) with Mika's folks. Toy Shopping spree at Talbot's (he picked a slot car set). Now we're on our way back home to play!

Talbot's San Mateo? They were the class act when I was seven.

I found a uke group about forty minutes away from me that I'm going to try tomorrow. The plus side is that they meet every week. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom