::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we got home from running around, our water was shut off. Our house number is the same as our neighbor except his is dash one. He gets visits from the water fairies all the time. Of course poor Shirley has to spend some time on the phone getting them to correct this. All is well now. Noon dishes washed and toilets flushed.

I'm not quite sure what this means. R U alright kiddo?

Meant to quote the Hiver. Here the person administering meds has to ask you within a half hour of the scheduled medication time. You can't take a refusal ahead of time or it is a medication error. (And when working with DD/MI, a recipient rights violation.)

Again, where's the "Like" button?

I played for one nurse this morning. When the next nurse started her shift, she greeted me by saying "I've heard all about you!" I ended up playing for her too. It's fun making people smile. :)

Mandi, you can tell the nurse in advance that you refuse your sleeping pill so they won't wake you up to take it.

I'm not on sleeping pills. But they did have to come in a few times last night to give me potassium pills. My blood showed I was still low after taking 3 rounds at night. So, I had to take 3 more today.

I was hospitalized when I was 16, and they let me have my guitar in my room. I thought that was pretty nice of them!

Later I found out that they only allowed it because they thought I was going to die.

Are they trying to tell you something, Mandi? ;)

Hahaha I hope not!
They said it is not a problem at all. Plus my 2 neighbors have trouble hearing. No complaints! I think I have the best room to be playing in.

I worked a bit more with my Mormon missionary friend on his uke playing today. He's doing well, and trying to speed up and smooth out his chord changes. He's also trying to get the hang of DDUUDU, rather than always strumming down. He'll get there. He'll only be here another two weeks, though, and then he goes home to Utah.

Another of the missionaries took an interest in the uke today, too! She is catching on quickly, but she is also only here another two weeks. She says there are three ukes at her home that her mother bought for her siblings, but that never got played. She has an instant uke collection....

I'm not great at these strums. I usually just do a rhythm that is similar. I'm a rebel, I guess.
Any way. I take the Down strums as the beat and up strums as the and. So I would think D D U U D U is - 1 2 and, and 4 and?

Thread Information
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 0 guests)
Ukulelerob

Alone again. naturally.

I'm not great at these strums. I usually just do a rhythm that is similar. I'm a rebel, I guess.
Any way. I take the Down strums as the beat and up strums as the and. So I would think D D U U D U is - 1 2 and, and 4 and?

The only thing that separates DDUUDU from DUDUDU is one skipped D and one skipped U. I think (if I follow your reasoning correctly) that that would be correct....

I told Maggie we will go fishing next time she stays over. Guess I better call around and find out the rules.

Today I am having lunch with a former work friend. He is a hoot. We eat Mexican food and talk s** about incompetent social workers.

Bathroom #2 is half clean. I ran out of cleaner and can't open a new bottle. Need to wait for Mr. Muscles to get home.

Guess I have time to fold all this laundry! Such a glamorous life.

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP I NEED TO BE AROUND MORE!

Mandi! FEEL BETTER!

I knew you were sick through facebook, but not hospital sick!
Glad you are on the mend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom