::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you just die from the cuteness?
I have a lot of good pictures, but I love this one! Her looking at him and him looking at her! Just a neat connection there:

Miss Mim, that is just beautiful! Make sure you back that up and safeguard it against loss....that's a keeper. She'll just love that photo in years to come....

Miss Mim, that is just beautiful! Make sure you back that up and safeguard it against loss....that's a keeper. She'll just love that photo in years to come....

Definitely. That's one to frame. <3 It's going to be interesting how her feelings change and develop as she grows. Prayers that it is all joy and no hurt.

A couple of weeks ago my boss asked me to get a couple quotes to have some mirrors hung at my school. I called two local small companies. Both quotes seemed reasonable but the guy who prothlotized to me the entire 45 minutes he was there did NOT get the job. When a prospective customer says, "I REALLY need to get back to my desk, thank you for the quote, we'll call you" it's time to shut the hell up, dude.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people cramming their religious beliefs down my throat. Have whatever beliefs you want, that doesn't bother me in the least, but don't try to push them on me....

If there's one thing I hate, it's people cramming their religious beliefs down my throat. Have whatever beliefs you want, that doesn't bother me in the least, but don't try to push them on me....

Converting others is a core directive of many religions.

Good morning, one and all! I'm all caught up here, and well on my way to having all my odds and ends taken care of before my wife comes home this afternoon. The last load of laundry is in the washer, and once that's dried I'm pretty much done.

I'm going to bake a batch of brownies, and prep something for dinner. Other than that, I just need to put most of my ukes and the uke rack away. I'm glad she's coming home; I really miss her when she's away.......

I know, but I still don't like it, especially when they won't take "no" for an answer. If they've made their first pitch, and the person they're talking to says they're not interested in hearing it, they need to STFU. I've run into many folks that JUST. WON'T. QUIT....

I am watching daytime TV. What does "rachet" mean?

I had never heard it, but here's what I found....

An annoying , very rude person. Normally tries to act ghetto by typing in words or phrases such as " Af' ", " Janky ", " Finna" , " Cus " , Etc. Most people think of "Rachet" girls or boys as trashy. In other words a "Rachet" person is the most non-classy human-being in presence. They usually have the worst grammar problems and they always try to pick fights with everybody .

Boy #1 - " I heard that girl got into a fight."
Boy #2- " Well, duh shes rachet."

I wonder if, given how hard they are to get at, you might not be wise to have both bulbs replaced, even though only one is burned out. The labor to remove the bumper cover, etc, would already be included....

Yep. They are sold in pairs. Getting them both done.

I know, but I still don't like it, especially when they won't take "no" for an answer. If they've made their first pitch, and the person they're talking to says they're not interested in hearing it, they need to STFU. I've run into many folks that JUST. WON'T. QUIT....

This is why I'm proud to be an Episcopalian. The average Episcopalian brings a friend to church every 25 years. Evangelism is not our middle name.

I think the core directive of my faith is to show love. Our good news is that we feed hungry people in our neighborhood. Give them warm clothes when we can. Belief is NEVER a condition of what we do.

That pisses me off to no end, the arrogance of someone claiming to know it all about god and wanting to enlighten me, the stupid heathen. They don't come around my place any more.

I see it like telemarketing; it's your job to sell me something, and I don't begrudge you having a job to do. However, after I politely decline interest in what you are selling, it's your job to stop selling me. Continuing to sell me after I've politely declined give me a right to shut you down completely, whether that's hanging up the phone or walking away from a conversation.

With that being said, I am fascinated by the religious beliefs of others, and usually enjoy hearing about them, as long as the conversation is even-handed and respectful. If your only goal is to convince me that you're right and I'm wrong, our conversation is going to be very short.

My religious beliefs are like my sex life, private. Stay outta mine and I'll stay outta yours.

That pisses me off to no end, the arrogance of someone claiming to know it all about god and wanting to enlighten me, the stupid heathen. They don't come around my place any more.

I've had people who were as much as 45 years younger than I am trying to tell me the "truth". A kid who is not yet old enough to drive, telling me HE knows the right way, and that my values are wrong. Arrogant idiot....

I see it like telemarketing; it's your job to sell me something, and I don't begrudge you having a job to do. However, after I politely decline interest in what you are selling, it's your job to stop selling me. Continuing to sell me after I've politely declined give me a right to shut you down completely, whether that's hanging up the phone or walking away from a conversation.

With that being said, I am fascinated by the religious beliefs of others, and usually enjoy hearing about them, as long as the conversation is even-handed and respectful. If your only goal is to convince me that you're right and I'm wrong, our conversation is going to be very short.

Well said, Rich. I don't mind too much if someone makes that first pitch, but they'd better be ready to take "no" for an answer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom