::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, I feel like hell this morning, mowed a field yesterday, cut a bunch of wood, tilled part of the garden and then drank too much beer before getting rehydrated. Now I get to drive to Cincinnati for 3 hours, hang out with the family for 3 hours and drive back for 3 hours.

No idea what a potlatch is and GOOGLE was no help :confused:

Native American word for a meal/event/gift to share with people not of your tribe.

The Girl Scouts adopted the word and when visiting a place would bring small gifts or trinkets to share. The gift might be something from their home state or something they made.

I remember when I was little and my sis was going to Girl Scout camp in Colorado. She bought like 200 tiny glass jars with a cork for a stopper. In each jar she put some sand and a tiny shell she had collected from our beach.

I ordered my potlatches for UWC on the computer, heh.

My favorite gifts from others at UWC? Dons keychains and Sukies necklaces.

Ahhh, I feel like hell this morning, mowed a field yesterday, cut a bunch of wood, tilled part of the garden and then drank too much beer before getting rehydrated. Now I get to drive to Cincinnati for 3 hours, hang out with the family for 3 hours and drive back for 3 hours.

Water, water, water. And a massage too.

Native American word for a meal/event/gift to share with people not of your tribe.

The Girl Scouts adopted the word and when visiting a place would bring small gifts or trinkets to share. The gift might be something from their home state or something they made.

I remember when I was little and my sis was going to Girl Scout camp in Colorado. She bought like 200 tiny glass jars with a cork for a stopper. In each jar she put some sand and a tiny shell she had collected from our beach.

Thanks, Sally. Those keychains were one of the best ideas I ever came up with. I had fun making them, and even more fun giving them away to everybody at UWC. I'm glad folks enjoyed them....

I was just tuning my new uke, and as I've said, I'm not really used to friction tuners. I clipped on the tuner, fired it up, and plucked the G string. It was a bit flat, but that's to be expected.

I grab the tuner knob and, as I've been advised, tried to "pinch" it, rather that twist. I tried for as little input as possible. I plucked the string again; still flat. So, I "pinched" a bit harder, and felt the tuner move a teeny bit. Still flat. I did this several times.

Until I realized I was plucking the C string, not the G. I was turning the correct tuner, but plucking the wrong string. What an idiot. I'm surprised I didn't break the G string by stretching it too tightly.

Oh, well, no harm done (except to my ego)....:D

I still use mine everyday.

I love hearing that folks still use them! I know several PoHos have theirs on uke cases. I also heard that several people lost theirs at the field. I wonder if other folks found them, or whether there are still a few laying in the grass out there....

I love hearing that folks still use them! I know several PoHos have theirs on uke cases. I also heard that several people lost theirs at the field. I wonder if other folks found them, or whether there are still a few laying in the grass out there....

It would be interesting to search the UWC field with a metal detector. I imagine there's been all kinds of stuff dropped out there over the years....

How 'bout Hello Kitty playing uke?

I was just tuning my new uke, and as I've said, I'm not really used to friction tuners. I clipped on the tuner, fired it up, and plucked the G string. It was a bit flat, but that's to be expected.

I grab the tuner knob and, as I've been advised, tried to "pinch" it, rather that twist. I tried for as little input as possible. I plucked the string again; still flat. So, I "pinched" a bit harder, and felt the tuner move a teeny bit. Still flat. I did this several times.

Until I realized I was plucking the C string, not the G. I was turning the correct tuner, but plucking the wrong string. What an idiot. I'm surprised I didn't break the G string by stretching it too tightly.

I've done this.

Funny story to read. I've done that too.

I've done this.

We've all done this.

Or how about the tuner that can be set to D tuning and trying to tune your GCEA 'uke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom