::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to trying this another time....

One of the songs at the group I was with Wednesday was Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain. They did it in F. It seems as though A or Bb would work better for my limited voice.

Code:
[CENTER]Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
recorded by Willie Nelson
written by Fred Rose[/CENTER]

[C] In the twilight glow I see her
[G7] Blue eyes cryin' in the [C] rain
 As when we kissed good-bye and parted
I [G7] knew we'd never meet a[C]gain [C7]

[F] Love is like a dying ember
[C] Only memories re[G7]main
[C] Through the ages I'll remember
[G7] Blue eyes crying in the [C] rain

[C] Now my hair has turned to silver
[G7] All my life I've love in [C] vain
 I can see her star in heaven
[G7] Blue eyes Crying in the [C] rain [C7]

[F] Someday when we meet up yonder
We'll [C] stroll hand in hand a[G7]gain
[C] In the land that knows no parting

Wow. Super slow even by weekend standards.

Yep....
Just got back from Palm Desert yesterday. Made some misoyaki today. I have White Sea bass,salmon,and butterfish marinating in it. I will make some tomorrow with Jasmine edamame rice. Also, I got some more POG and choco mochi when I was picking up ingredients at Marukai.

I got one that'll drive you all Crazy.
Patsy Cline - written by Willie Nelson.
Lots of beautiful, a little more difficult chords.

Code:
[CENTER]Crazy
Patsy Cline (written by Willie Nelson)[/CENTER]

[C] Crazy [B7] I'm [A7] crazy for feeling so [Dm] lonely [Dm7]
I'm [G] crazy [G7] crazy for [G+] feeling so [C] blue [C#dim] [Dm7] [G7]
[C] I knew [B7] you'd [A7] love me as long as you [Dm] wanted [Dm7]
And then [G] some day you'd leave me [G7] for somebody [C] new
[Dm7] [Ebdim] [C7*]

[F] Worry……..why do I [D#m‐5] let myself [C] worry [C7] [C#7]
[D7] Wond'ring what in the world did I [G] do [G7] [G+]

[C] Crazy [B7] for [A7] thinking that my love could [Dm] hold you [Dm7]
I'm [Fmaj7] crazy for [Em7] trying and [Dm7] crazy for [Cmaj7] crying
And I'm [Dm] crazy for [G7] loving [C] you

[C] Crazy [B7] for [A7] thinking that my love could [Dm] hold you [Dm7]
I'm [Fmaj7] crazy for [Em7] trying and [Dm7] crazy for [Cmaj7] crying
And I'm [Dm] crazy for [G7] loving [C] you

Cmaj7 is (0002)
C#dim is (0101)
Dm7 is (2213)
D#m-5 is (2320)
Ebdim is (3232)
Em7 is (0202)
Fmaj7 is (2413) or (5500)
G+ (aug) is (0312)

I especially like the Fmaj7 to Em7 to Dm7 to Cmaj7 to Dm to G7 to C. I do Fmaj7 (2413) Which takes some practice.

I see the original doc. shows C7* as (3003). No (G or 5th note)
If you like (3433) is cool also.

An interesting thing happened while on vacation. My daughter had seen, and checked out, a small, local, ice cream shop. It is near a restaurant when we would all be going to have dinner, so she thought it might be a nice treat. This was a week before Elaine and I arrived.

When you enter the shop, you are in a small room and place your ice cream order through a window. My daughter heard music....uke music....and then it stopped long enough for a voice to say, "I'll be right with you!". Then the music resumed, briefly, and stopped again when a lady appeared at the window. It wasn't until then that my daughter realized that the music was live; she thought it had been a recording playing.

Apparently the shop owner is quite the uke fan, and always has a uke at the shop, to play during the slow times. My daughter told her that I play, and that I was coming the following week, and promised to bring me in.

We went, and I met Julia. She's a very nice woman, and a very enthusiastic uke player. We chatted about ukes and the uke community. I was wearing a UU t-shirt, and she says she has lurked a bit.

Then she said, "I'm taking after Miss Mim, mixing ice cream with ukuleles." How cool is that? And how many people call Mim Miss Mim? We had a nice chat, and then it was time to go. She's selling the shop, and closing in October, for some reason. But if you're in Purcellville, Virginia between now and then....

ETA: I forgot to mention that the shop is called Gruto's Ice Cream....

An interesting thing happened while on vacation. My daughter had seen, and checked out, a small, local, ice cream shop. It is near a restaurant when we would all be going to have dinner, so she thought it might be a nice treat. This was a week before Elaine and I arrived.

When you enter the shop, you are in a small room and place your ice cream order through a window. My daughter heard music....uke music....and then it stopped long enough for a voice to say, "I'll be right with you!". Then the music resumed, briefly, and stopped again when a lady appeared at the window. It wasn't until then that my daughter realized that the music was live; she thought it had been a recording playing.

Apparently the shop owner is quite the uke fan, and always has a uke at the shop, to play during the slow times. My daughter told her that I play, and that I was coming the following week, and promised to bring me in.

We went, and I met Julia. She's a very nice woman, and a very enthusiastic uke player. We chatted about ukes and the uke community. I was wearing a UU t-shirt, and she says she has lurked a bit.

Then she said, "I'm taking after Miss Mim, mixing ice cream with ukuleles." How cool is that? And how many people call Mim Miss Mim? We had a nice chat, and then it was time to go. She's selling the shop, and closing in October, for some reason. But if you're in Purcellville, Virginia between now and then....

ETA: I forgot to mention that the shop is called Gruto's Ice Cream....

That is a great story, and sounds like you had a nice time.

The next family reunion, two years from now, will be held in DeRitter (sp?), Louisiana. I don't think we'll want to drive that far, so we may fly to Houston and then drive the rest of the way with my SIL and BIL. We'll see when the time comes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom