::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was really rough. I was up coughing all night. Not wake up coughing every now and then. I was literally coughing every time I began to relax. They finally gave me medicine around 5 and it helped.
I really miss the kids and work.

Last night was really rough. I was up coughing all night. Not wake up coughing every now and then. I was literally coughing every time I began to relax. They finally gave me medicine around 5 and it helped.

:( I hope it passes soon.

It looks as if the talent show at the county fair, of which I am superintendent, is going to be a flop this year. Despite all my efforts at publicity, we have only gotten three acts signed up. :(

I have a 4 1/2 year old girl who tap dances; I imagine she's cute as can be. I have an 11 year old girl who wants to sing a praise song, and I have a brother and sister duo, who are 24 and 15, who sing and play guitar.

That's it. I had hoped for several times that many acts, but today is the entry deadline....

It looks as if the talent show at the county fair, of which I am superintendent, is going to be a flop this year. Despite all my efforts at publicity, we have only gotten three acts signed up. :(

I have a 4 1/2 year old girl who tap dances; I imagine she's cute as can be. I have an 11 year old girl who wants to sing a praise song, and I have a brother and sister duo, who are 24 and 15, who sing and play guitar.

That's it. I had hoped for several times that many acts, but today is the entry deadline....

With this few acts, the entry fees fall way short of covering the prize money plus the judges' honorariums....

I've got a monster cabbage that I'm thinking of entering in the fair. I'm also pretty sure I can win the rooster crowing contest with my campine. They are having a greased pig catching contest this year, should be fun.

I've got a monster cabbage that I'm thinking of entering in the fair. I'm also pretty sure I can win the rooster crowing contest with my campine. They are having a greased pig catching contest this year, should be fun.

I'll be entering some of my knitting again this year, and Elaine is entering some of the flowers from our gardens....

I'm not great at these strums. I usually just do a rhythm that is similar. I'm a rebel, I guess.
Any way. I take the Down strums as the beat and up strums as the and. So I would think D D U U D U is - 1 2 and, and 4 and?

One of the great philosophical divides among players.
One group follows defined strum patterns.
The other group knows that there are only two strums: up, or down. Repeat until satisfied.

I'm in the second camp. I just strum what feels right, often just letting the cadence of the lyrics tell me how to strum.

Trivial side note:
African "drum talk" which sends messages from one group to another across differing languages conveys meaning by emphasizing the rhythm of the words of the message and not the words themselves.

Last edited:

I know a ukulele player who also juggles . . . :)

It wouldn't be nice to share this with them.

Everybody gets a prize.

I know a ukulele player who also juggles . . . :)

Me? I'm ineligible, as superintendent of the Talent Show. I have thought of maybe doing a bit of each at the show, though.

As superintendent, I have to emcee the show. I thought maybe I could come out between acts, doing something different each time; juggling, playing uke, and maybe top spinning, before introducing the next act. The goal would be to have it be some comic relief during the show....

One of the great philosophical divides among players.
One group follows defined strum patterns.
The other group knows that there are only two strums: up, or down. Repeat until satisfied.

I'm in the second camp. I just strum what feels right, often just letting the cadence of the lyrics tell me how to strum.

Trivial side note:
African "drum talk" which sends messages from one group to another across differing languages conveys meaning by emphasizing the rhythm of the words of the message and not the words themselves.
But.....there are rolls, chunks, yada, yada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom