::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has a 12th-fret join, as appears to be the standard for this model. Mine is also one of apparently quite a few that were built with a fret marker at the 9th instead of the 10th fret. Since most uke players, don't even know there *is* a 10th fret, it really isn't that big a deal. :D

I agree completely! I don't think I have ever played above the 7th fret, myself, which is why the shorter fretboard appealed to me. I'll certainly never play above the 12th, or past the neck/body joint onto a fretboard extension. I really like the vintage vibe the shorter neck and fretboard offer....

Beautiful new baby Don. I bet your sis got a kick outta seeing you so happy.

Thank you, Sally, and she did! When we got home with it, she asked me to play for her. She has never heard me play uke before. She has heard me play guitar, years ago, but never the uke.

Typically, when she visits, my wife is here. I never play when my wife is home, so my sister has never heard my ukes. I think she really enjoyed it! I played her 10 or 12 songs, I think....

Okay, the last of the photos. I wish these really showed how pretty this uke is. I'm going to have to chalk it up to my poor photography skills.

The uke is very well made. The fit and finish are wonderful, there are no noticeable imperfections, and it is very lightweight. It sounds as good as it looks, too! I'm sure the uke sounds better than my playing skill can demonstrate, which gives me something to work toward....

View attachment 65979View attachment 65980View attachment 65981View attachment 65982

Beautiful! Gonna play some for us???

Beautiful! Gonna play some for us???

Not quite yet, Maria! I would if I had your talent, but I'm nowhere near as comfortable playing in front of a camera as you obviously are. :D

What's funny is that I would play for you, or anyone else, in a heartbeat if we were together in person. It's not that I'm embarrassed to play, it just that the camera intimidates the hell out of me. I've played with all the PoHos at UWC, and loved every minute of it. But I seldom play in front of a camera, although it has been known to happen on occasion....

Not quite yet, Maria! I would if I had your talent, but I'm nowhere near as comfortable playing in front of a camera as you obviously are. :D

What's funny is that I would play for you, or anyone else, in a heartbeat if we were together in person. It's not that I'm embarrassed to play, it just that the camera intimidates the hell out of me. I've played with all the PoHos at UWC, and loved every minute of it. But I seldom play in front of a camera, although it has been known to happen on occasion....

You played on the jams....

Woah woah woah...if you guys got to see all of the outtakes...you would realize I am NOTTTTTT comfortable at all. It actually is akin to being tickled a million times whilst I have to pee. It's the worst...I don't keep them because I have a mouth like a trucker. I'm just really polite in front of you all HAHA.

One day we will all get together and I will hold you to that!

You played on the jams....

Yes, I did. On more than one occasion. But like I said, it hasn't been often. The jams are slightly less intimidating for me than a video that gets posted to YT, or on the forum. The jams are a live thing, and are done when they're over with....

Don, I can see why you were drawn to that Eastman, it looks really nice.

Thanks, Damon. I think it's gorgeous.

There was one other prototype built in the concert size. It is the one that got put out on the sales floor for folks to try, and then comment on. Eventually it got knocked off of the wall hanger by a customer, and suffered several dings, mostly on the back. John sold that one, and took the other one, the one I bought yesterday, home with him.

I told him that if he ever got the first one back used, as a trade-in, to let me know. I'd love to be able to have a matching one to string low G, even if it has a few battle scars....

I'm having a touch of trouble getting used to the friction tuners on my new Eastman. I love the LOOK of them, but I'm not used to using them. I know that I will get used to them over time, so I'm not worried about it.

I have, from the beginning, planned to swap these tuners out for a set of Gotoh UPTs, which are planetary geared tuners. They look like friction tuners, but provide a 4:1 gear ratio. That's my next goal, to save up enough money to order a set of UPTs for my new uke.

It also needs a decent case. It came with a flimsy nylon gig bag, which I won't use. For the time being I will put it in the case from my Kala concert. What I'd like is a nice, black hard case that is faux alligator, kind of keeping with the vintage vibe....

I'm having a touch of trouble getting used to the friction tuners on my new Eastman. I love the LOOK of them, but I'm not used to using them. I know that I will get used to them over time, so I'm not worried about it.

I have, from the beginning, planned to swap these tuners out for a set of Gotoh UPTs, which are planetary geared tuners. They look like friction tuners, but provide a 4:1 gear ratio. That's my next goal, to save up enough money to order a set of UPTs for my new uke.

It also needs a decent case. It came with a flimsy nylon gig bag, which I won't use. For the time being I will put it in the case from my Kala concert. What I'd like is a nice, black hard case that is faux alligator, kind of keeping with the vintage vibe....

Friction tuners :shudder:

Thank you, Sally, and she did! When we got home with it, she asked me to play for her. She has never heard me play uke before. She has heard me play guitar, years ago, but never the uke.

Typically, when she visits, my wife is here. I never play when my wife is home, so my sister has never heard my ukes. I think she really enjoyed it! I played her 10 or 12 songs, I think....
Oh, I'm so glad you had an appreciative audience.

I need to check out the Facebook action, I never go there.

Yeah, it's kinda got insane there, like 5 add ons a day. As usual people dont get that this is an event, they just think they're joining a uke group. But a LOT of people are coming.

But yeah, you might needmore port-a-potties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom