::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a uke group meeting yesterday, about 40 minutes away. It was different from what I have become used to. They were in a practice mode for a festival that they are going to play at a week from Friday. http://pierogifest.net/ And I'm not used to being one of the younger participants.

I did find out about another group, a division of the first one, that meets in Chesterton, about 8 miles from me. So maybe that one will be a good one to check out. I was told the leader there brought some newer music to that group (The Beatles). I believe they are also oriented to practicing for performances. We will see.

They don't do much on the internet. That's why they were hard for me to run across.

I got used to groups being more laid back. Kinda like friends sitting around someones living room strumming together.
These groups are much closer to me than I'm used to, so that's a plus.

Good luck on the search!

I went to a uke group meeting yesterday, about 40 minutes away. It was different from what I have become used to. They were in a practice mode for a festival that they are going to play at a week from Friday. http://pierogifest.net/ And I'm not used to being one of the younger participants.

I did find out about another group, a division of the first one, that meets in Chesterton, about 8 miles from me. So maybe that one will be a good one to check out. I was told the leader there brought some newer music to that group (The Beatles). I believe they are also oriented to practicing for performances. We will see.

They don't do much on the internet. That's why they were hard for me to run across.

I got used to groups being more laid back. Kinda like friends sitting around someones living room strumming together.
These groups are much closer to me than I'm used to, so that's a plus.

"newer music" that's a good one. So no top 40 pop hits I guess.

Last edited:
Cleaning my bedroom. God, what a nightmare. I am such a slob. That just took a solid hour.

On the up side, hey, my room is nice and clean!!

Cleaning my bedroom. God, what a nightmare. I am such a slob. That just took a solid hour.

On the up side, hey, my room is nice and clean!!
we got new vinyl floors two weeks ago. I am determined not to just put all the crap back but to go through it box by box. I have gotten rid of so much crap. But there is still so much more to go through. I'm a slob AND a hoarder.

I hate stuff.

Boy do I ever feel your pain!!!
My "someday" dream is to tell the kids to come get what they want, sell the house, get into a motor home with 4 pairs of shorts and some t-shirts and flip flops and just drive.

My "someday" dream is to tell the kids to come get what they want, sell the house, get into a motor home with 4 pairs of shorts and some t-shirts and flip flops and just drive.
Sounds fantastic.

I hate this feeling like I spent the last 20 years accumulating this crap and it is going to take 20 years to get rid of it all.

It will store in a keg at room temperature right?

Make a jockey box out of an ice chest.

if I keg I am going all out like this keezer!!

keezer-build.jpg

quick catchup from almost 24 hrs ago.....

glad to hear all went well hiver!!

I find it fun to learn new stuff at the different groups I go to.

Have a good day got 111 stops today so I should finish around 11!!

I'm kind of a neat freak, and not really into having "stuff." Living on a sailboat worked well for me. My house usually looks like I'm expecting company.

Well, hubby had a meeting with the Hawaii guy.

The big news: They made the determination that they will not be filling the Japan guy's position once he retires. Apparently volume of inventory doesn't warrant it.

So! Now we look at other positions, including Europe. A bump, not a roadblock. We will carry on with streamlining towards the goal of moving overseas.

Well, hubby had a meeting with the Hawaii guy.

The big news: They made the determination that they will not be filling the Japan guy's position once he retires. Apparently volume of inventory doesn't warrant it.

So! Now we look at other positions, including Europe. A bump, not a roadblock. We will carry on with streamlining towards the goal of moving overseas.

So Japan is out now?

I'm kind of a neat freak, and not really into having "stuff." Living on a sailboat worked well for me. My house usually looks like I'm expecting company.

I wish I was like you....really I have been lately looking at stuff and getting rid of it so thats good. But sometimes I say well we might need that??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom