::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true. And by finishing in the top 25 of their division at the county fair (I wish!), they all will qualify to go on to compete at the NY State Fair....

I live in the wrong state. I have to audition. Which is next Tuesday. Yikes. I am talking myself out of talking myself out of it.
This week I keep saying to myself, "what am I doing."

One of the great philosophical divides among players.
One group follows defined strum patterns.
The other group knows that there are only two strums: up, or down. Repeat until satisfied.

I'm in the second camp. I just strum what feels right, often just letting the cadence of the lyrics tell me how to strum.

Trivial side note:
African "drum talk" which sends messages from one group to another across differing languages conveys meaning by emphasizing the rhythm of the words of the message and not the words themselves.

I'm basicly with you. But I always try to learn something different. Normally I'll strum like you said, sometimes through in some picking, also sometimes I do a triplet strum where I go down with the index finger down with the thumb and up with the index finger.
Learning the different strums, the problem is, until I get them down I have to think to do them. So thinking about staying in time, getting your finger going either up or down at the right time, changing chords and finally singing the lyrics correctly is exausting.

I live in the wrong state. I have to audition. Which is next Tuesday. Yikes. I am talking myself out of talking myself out of it.

What is the worst that can happen? You don't make it. But at that I doubt that. Just sayin', think of it that way! No matter what you will grow as a person!

And you have a cute dress! So you will look good while doing it!

And you rocked it at UWC, you will rock it there!

But

I'm a crummy strummer. I started out as a finger picker. Even Seeso and Jason were unable to teach me to strum. It wasn't until I started taking lessons that I began to figure out how to strum.

Hey Mim --
Happy Pioneer Day! Do you celebrate?

Oh... hahaha... umm... I think you can. But I am sort of an 8th generation Virginia Mormon. We never migrated out west. Levi is more "into it" than I am in that respects. His ancestors helped settle the west and what-not.

But we are having a church picnic tomorrow. I think it is supposed to be for pioneer week or what not. Not sure. I am supposed to play uke.

New York State Fair talent show applicants must audition, too, but they must finish in the top 25 at their county fair in order to qualify for an audition. I'm not sure how many of the auditioned acts at the State Fair actually make it to the talent show stage....

Today I got a temp assignment for next week, and had a meeting about a potential real job to start in about 2 mo.

Good job karma at my house today.

Here's my little boy with his new pup.

10505591_842498425769489_7799896634365535340_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom