::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official Volvo instructions include removing the bumper! Googled for hints and there's only info for one side that says to remove the air filter box. Local shop says the flat-rate is .8 hours and their guy is usually a little faster. My shop rate is about the same so I'd better just pungle up and get it done. Cops in my town just love to give fix-it tickets. Who needs the hassle?

If you can find a shop you trust to work on your cars your golden.
All I ask is that they're fair. I know they have to make a living.

If you can find a shop you trust to work on your cars your golden.
All I ask is that they're fair. I know they have to make a living.

Yeah. Fair is good.

I'm trying a local shop. The dealer is 45 minutes away. I can't rationalize that for a simple bulb change. 7 bucks in gas and three hours of lost time? No thanks. Local shop advertises with a lot of Bible quotes & stuff; I'll ask for a clergy discount. But religious advertising usually is a warning.

Traditional Easter Monday clergy day off was gobbled up by a funeral. Planned a bike ride this morning but the headlights take precedence. Maybe I'll ride anyway.

Traditional Easter Monday clergy day off was gobbled up by a funeral. Planned a bike ride this morning but the headlights take precedence. Maybe I'll ride anyway.

The other half of my fledgling band is a pastor and he is still slammed this week. I was hoping it would ease up. We need time to play! :D

The other half of my fledgling band is a pastor and he is still slammed this week. I was hoping it would ease up. We need time to play! :D

Don't know about his tradition. In the Episcopal Church we put a LOT of energy into Holy Week, so much so that the Easter Sunday services seem like coasting home. Easter week is recovery for most of us.

Yeah. Fair is good.

I'm trying a local shop. The dealer is 45 minutes away. I can't rationalize that for a simple bulb change. 7 bucks in gas and three hours of lost time? No thanks. Local shop advertises with a lot of Bible quotes & stuff; I'll ask for a clergy discount. But religious advertising usually is a warning.

I've always found that the ones that loudly claim they are close to god, are the ones to watch out for.

Don't know about his tradition. In the Episcopal Church we put a LOT of energy into Holy Week, so much so that the Easter Sunday services seem like coasting home. Easter week is recovery for most of us.

He preaches at a Presby church but is really an Episcopal... he was super excited to help out at the Episcopal church this weekend and sing the Exsultet (sp?). (His wife is Presby so he got sucked in... he has a small church that serves primarily mentally ill/developmentally disabled, which is supported by the rest of the churches in the region.) Anyway, he's super fun.

Yeah, well ours was 4g automatically. It's made a big difference in speed of internet, messaging pics and stuff like that. When it's in an area that only has 3g towers, of course it's 3g. And. It's........Real.........Slow........in comparison.

My phone is 0G....

Good Day Sunshines!

Uploading baby brother visit pictures. I got some good ones. One that brings tears to my eyes it turned out so sweet. I will post it here for the man without the facebook!

A few weeks ago there was a lament on the thread about the difficulty of working on modern cars. Got me this week. Need to replace headlight bulbs. I don't have big hands, but I'd need the hands of a 6 year old to get into that space. Sheesh!

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I do have large hands, and working on cars has become almost impossible. The manufacturers have done this, at least in part, to make it so difficult that the car owner has to take the car to the dealer to be fixed.

That's the reason for the large plastic engine covers on modern cars. They serve no other purpose than to make getting at the engine difficult. I raised the hood on my step-daughter's car the other day, and could not even see, let alone access, the distributor. I gave up, rather than wrestle with that stupid engine cover....

It seems as though I have posted this, but it's not on the list so...

Code:
[CENTER]Jambalaya
Hank Williams[/CENTER]

Any I, V7 progression

(G) Goodbye Joe me gotta go me oh (D7) my oh
Me gotta go pole the pirogue down the (G) bayou
My Yvonne the sweetest one me oh (D7) my oh
Son of a gun we'll have big fun on the (G) bayou

Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and filet (D7) gumbo
Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher (G) amio
Pick guitar fill fruit jar and be (D7) gay-o

Thibodaux Fontaineaux the place is (D7) buzzing
Kinfolk come to see Yvonne by the (G) dozen
Dress in style and go hog wild me oh (D7) my oh

Settle down far from town get me a (D7) pirogue
And I'll catch all the fish in the (G) bayou
Swap my mon to buy Yvonne what she (D7) need-oh

Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and filet (D7) gumbo
Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher (G) amio
Pick guitar fill fruit jar and be (D7) gay-o

Great singalong song, Rob. Any song that's not on the list is fair game, BTW....

He preaches at a Presby church but is really an Episcopal... he was super excited to help out at the Episcopal church this weekend and sing the Exsultet (sp?). (His wife is Presby so he got sucked in... he has a small church that serves primarily mentally ill/developmentally disabled, which is supported by the rest of the churches in the region.) Anyway, he's super fun.

I wait all year to sing the Exsultet (good spelling job, by the way). My deacon is on medical leave so all of his work fell on me as well.

Having a separate congregation for the special needs folks raises the old debate of inclusion vs separate-but-(never quite) equal. I have a Down Syndrome son and he is a full member of our congregation. We have made a lot of adjustments over the years to welcome special needs folks. I believe it makes us a better group of Christians to welcome outside our comfort zone. Much like welcoming children in church, if the separate congregation exists to keep the bother away from the the "normal" folks, then some part of their Christianity has gotten lost.
We presently have several hearing impaired kids, a developmentally disabled 60ish year old, and have had some autistism-spectrum folks over the years. My group rolls with it. My son is one of the better acolytes (and a mystic to boot).

One of my favorites. Sorry I haven't been around. Have been a bit down and too busy with work and didn't have anything to say. (don't need hugs or hairpats - I'll be fine.) Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Hi, Amy! Good to see you! You tell that boss of yours to lighten up so you'll have time to Poho....:D

Could you just die from the cuteness?
I have a lot of good pictures, but I love this one! Her looking at him and him looking at her! Just a neat connection there:

IMG_7508.jpg

The official Volvo instructions include removing the bumper! Googled for hints and there's only info for one side that says to remove the air filter box. The other side is the Engine Control Unit Computers. Ude to be that "carburetor" was a French word meaning "leave it alone." Moving the ECU just screams "Do Not Feck With It!" Local shop says the flat-rate is .8 hours and their guy is usually a little faster. My shop rate is about the same so I'd better just pungle up and get it done. Cops in my town just love to give fix-it tickets. Who needs the hassle?

Good luck, TSM! Remember when working on cars used to be fun?

I've always found that the ones that loudly claim they are close to god, are the ones to watch out for.

A couple of weeks ago my boss asked me to get a couple quotes to have some mirrors hung at my school. I called two local small companies. Both quotes seemed reasonable but the guy who prothlotized to me the entire 45 minutes he was there did NOT get the job. When a prospective customer says, "I REALLY need to get back to my desk, thank you for the quote, we'll call you" it's time to shut the hell up, dude.

I wonder if, given how hard they are to get at, you might not be wise to have both bulbs replaced, even though only one is burned out. The labor to remove the bumper cover, etc, would already be included....

I wait all year to sing the Exsultet (good spelling job, by the way). My deacon is on medical leave so all of his work fell on me as well.

Having a separate congregation for the special needs folks raises the old debate of inclusion vs separate-but-(never quite) equal. I have a Down Syndrome son and he is a full member of our congregation. We have made a lot of adjustments over the years to welcome special needs folks. I believe it makes us a better group of Christians to welcome outside our comfort zone. Much like welcoming children in church, if the separate congregation exists to keep the bother away from the the "normal" folks, then some part of their Christianity has gotten lost.
We presently have several hearing impaired kids, a developmentally disabled 60ish year old, and have had some autistism-spectrum folks over the years. My group rolls with it. My son is one of the better acolytes (and a mystic to boot).

I don't believe it's an intentionally planned congregation. It's downtown, where housing is cheap and there are a lot of group homes. Public transportation doesn't run here on Sundays, so DD/MI folks are primarily limited to whatever is within walking distance. There's also some elderly, low income, homeless, etc. It's a product of its neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom