How to hold an Ukulele :D

whilst the majority of the time i rest my uke between the V of the thumb and index finger when it comes to barring i find it quite hard to get my finger right, so i kinda slips my thumb down and puts prressure on the fretboard with my barring finger and i squeeze a bit more with my right arm against my chest, this takes a bit of practice but works for me, on saying all that i still use a ukeleash for my concert or tenor ukes

I struggle with barring the D's etc. Maybe using the Ukeleash will help me out with this. I hope I don't abuse your generosity in answering my questions, but do you also use the "V" style while "finger picking" or do you go to the thumb behind the neck style?

Thanks!

Placing your thumb on neck allows a better reach for fretting, including barre chords and transitioning from chord to chord when they aren't close. Don't rest it in the "cleavage" between thumb and finger, you're just limiting yourself.

Yeah, that's how it starts. All nice an innocent. "Just a strap button".

Next, you start toying around with low-G. What harm could it be, right?

Then you start using a pick. Oh, it's felt at first. Nothing too bad. But then felt doesn't cut it, and you move on to harder stuff.

Later, you begin to wonder what a couple of extra strings would sound like. Of course, you'll need a longer scale and a larger body for that...

Next thing you know, you're looking in the mirror, and brother, you don't like what you see. There's a vacant, hollow, possibly mullet-framed face staring back at you.

You want to undo things. Turn back the clock to those innocent, carefree days when you didn't even have a strap.

But it's too late. The damage has been done.

You're a guitarist.

JJ

Ha ha, that's funny JJ! :biglaugh:

Ha ha, that's funny JJ! :biglaugh:

Goodness a guitarist, so many strings :)

Thank you All for your suggestions. I'll experiment various ways, can't wait to get home and play!

Top Bottom