High end Soprano with Pick up??

MrUkuleleMark

Reaction score
Hey, I am wondering if anyone has any ideas or know of any companies that make very good quality Soprano ukuleles with good pickups built in? Whenever I try to search for a soprano ukulele with a pick up I always end up just finding sub standard ukuleles with a very average pickup. This is not what I want. I'm looking for something around the $400 to $800 price. Not something cheap and cheerful!

If you have any ideas of a luthier who could make something very good like this or any companies that offer this then please let me know.

Thanks,
Mark

Buy a good Uke from SUS, and have them fit a pickup.

Alternatively, you have one of the very best Soprano Ukulele makers right here in England and on these very forums, in the shape of Timbuck.

Keep an eye on the Marketplace for one of his ukes coming available, and speak to him about fitting a pickup, or buy the uke and take it to a reputable luthier.

Given the choice between a K-Brand or a Ken Timms soprano, my money would be staying in the UK.

SUS have some very nice ukes in at the moment, also many types of pickups including misi, all are really nice people nothing is to much trouble.

He's Timbuck on UU. He's a regular poster and lurker. He's also from Sheffield originally, I think. And there's no higher recommendation than that.

Yep, all the best people are from Sheffield!
I have just bought the Timms that followed the one above, that one I believe is on it's way across the pond.
It's a stunning uke, plays wonderfully, highly recommend a Timm's.

@BK did you get your artwork back from Ken?:)

H

Yep, all the best people are from Sheffield!
I have just bought the Timms that followed the one above, that one I believe is on it's way across the pond.
It's a stunning uke, plays wonderfully, highly recommend a Timm's.

@BK did you get your artwork back from Ken?:)

H

Nah, the bugger's gone and kept it. He'll be flogging it on ebay and blowing the lot on pies.

Are you from Sheffield as well? If so, that's 3 of us.

Top Bottom