Beginner song book

ralphk

Reaction score
I may be called upon to give a group of seniors beginner uke lessons. I have the necessary material for most of the lessons to get them started, but I think it would be good to work on songs from a book, a book that all the students can take home.

At this time I have no information on what genre of song that they would like to start with, with the understanding that everyone will be at least 60 years old.

I know that several threads may have covered this before, but for a recap, your nomination for easy to play songs would be useful. I'm not worried about selecting easy playing guitar oriented books, with their fingering, if that is your suggestion.

I teach a uke class for Seniors. My next class begins the second week in January. I find my songs online, print, copy and pass out each week, along with other instructional materials I've found. I insure it's legal to use them for educational purposes. I get to use the copier at one of the local churches hosting classes on many topics. Our program is called "The Shepherd Center". If you want to PM me with your email address, I can share with you what I have found after "much, much research."

Thanks to all the responses. I can certainly use Unkle Rod.

If I were a music shop and were giving classes, I would be charging for the lesson time as well as making sure that everyone bought a instruction book from the shop.m The question is, which book would be a good choice.

I guess I could expand it to which DVD would we use for home study, with the understanding that I would have some pass-out material to supplement the DVD during class time. I may not be able to show the DVD in the class, so so passout material would be necessary. That is an OK option

Ralph

Seniors, at least 60, that's me then.Ok I'm 60, so at the bottom end of your group.
I would suggest that you don't try and categorise the group to any kind of music, I play from the 20's stuff, up to fairly recent stuff, Adele etc.
Only thing I dont play is (C)Rap, (the C is silent). Anything that has a nice melody is fair game.
Suggest you have a list of simple songs and ask if there are any that they would like to learn.
H

Top Bottom