Looking for a case for a Martin Style 1 Vintage Soprano

bobe

Reaction score
Looking for a good hard shell case for my vintage Martin Style 1 Soprano, circa 1946.
Just wondering what case offers the best protection, fit and utility.
...and if it looks vintage all the better.
Thanks!

The Silver Creek cases look very good and are a vintage style. I have been very happy with the relatively inexpensive tweed cases on Ebay. They are not arched so probably are not as protective. They look nice though and do a good enough job for me. If I had a Vintage Martin that I wanted to protect I'd probably get the Silver Creek or an Ameritage case.

I am pleased with the Vintage Guardian soprano case for my 3 Martin sopranos.
You can find them on Amazon. The price can fluctuate between $40 and $70 so you can set up an alert using camelcamelcamel.

I have a Stagg GCX-UKS GD which is a vintage tweed style case. It fits my 1950s Style 0 soprano like a glove. The best thing about it is that it did not have that bad off gassing smell that some cases have (I can't say that others won't though).

The shoulder strap appears to be a plus but what about storing the strap in the case if you don't want to use it. Is there room to store it in the case? Do you have to put the strap in a fabric bag so it doesn't scratch the 'uke?

I would think the fabric would get dirty in time.

No great solutions for the strap when not in use. It is a nice little bonus, but I doubt mine will get much use. You can scotch guard the case, but it will look more worn/dirty after awhile. Some may feel this contributes to the vintage look. That is a trade off. Many people do not like black cases as they absorb heat if out in the sun. Stitching, hardware and materials are excellent.

Thank you all for your insight!!!!
I decided to try a Guardian case from Amazon.
Hoping the quality and fit is a bit better than the Kala Uke Crazy case I have.

As I said, I have the one I linked to. My Style 1 fits perfectly and it definitely has a vintage look to it.

I think you'll be very happy!

Scooter

Top Bottom