UKULELE JAY'S UKEJAM BY THE BAY 2014: March 29th, San Francisco, CA.

Planning on going, it was a lot of fun last year. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get there. It was easier last year when I caught a ride with Gary! ;)

Cal Train will take you a few miles away but I think it might rain so you could catch a cab from the Cal Train Station, or you can walk down 7th Street from the Civic Center BART if any of those work.

Hope to see you, I'll be showing the new Eagle from Compass Rose and the new 6-string Kinnard among others.

Lot's of donuts will be waiting ;-)

Cheers,

Just wanted to say Thank You!!! To Jay and Ryan for the wonderful time today, and to everyone who was there!

I had a great time, and look forward to the next time around!

-Kurt​

Thanks for coming Kurt, we had a great time and I can't wait to hear about that outdoor uke once it's refined. It was really something suprising. Safe travels.

Thanks to the 35 folks that showed up in the pouring rain today to jam. Special thanks to Rick Turner, Sandor Nagyszalanczy and Hanna of Uke Ellington. I got some great video and photos and will have them posted in a new thread in the video section and will post the link in this thread later this week. We had some nice custom ukes from Compass Rose, John S. Kinnard, Mo Better, Mya Moe, Mike DeSilva, Toni Maloon, and some very cool hand painted ukes from Silva Studio (looks like canvass paintings on a uke) as well as a ton of vintage ukes from RyanMFT my partner in crime (Thanks Ryan for keep it going today!). Special thanks to Bob from making it up from San Jose to get his donut, and to everyone who showed up to make this a HUGE SUCCESS!! We'll be doing it again in 2015 for sure, same location.
Also a huge thanks to Mikhail and his significant other from Sweden...folks actually showed up from Sweden on their vacation and are returning to Sweden in a few weeks. That blew me away they found out about it and jammed with us.

Stay tuned for the slide show coming soon.....

Cheers!

Just wanted to say Thank You!!! To Jay and Ryan for the wonderful time today, and to everyone who was there!

I had a great time, and look forward to the next time around!
-Kurt​
Agreed!!!! Thanks so much to Jay, Allen, and Ryan (and any others that helped host) for hosting a great event! Rick Turner and Uke Ellington put on a great performance! Thanks to the luthiers that offered great insight and displayed their models for us. Also thanks to Ryan for the awesome display of vintage ukes. It was great to meet all of the UUers and locals who stopped by. Although only 2 years old, this is one of my favorite uke related activities. I'm already looking forward to the 3rd annual Uke Jam by the Bay!

Thank you so much, Jay! We had a great time today and are already putting you on the calendar for next year. We will tell all our friends -- promise!

Thanks to all your hard work Jay to organize everything. It was a fun day and wonderful to meet new people, and finally be able to put faces with names from the forum..and also get to see old friends again.

Thanks, Jay, for streaming the Jam on Google+ Hangouts. I was able to see and hear quite a lot before having to leave you. (You saw me on your end as Charles, which is who I am in Googledom.)

FWIW, the picture was OK, but the sound was a bit chirpy on the high end. (It could all be between here & there - 3000 miles- or on my end. Still, could we put your camera or laptop on a robotic pedestal next year so I can mingle? :))

I enjoyed seeing the nice ukes, & hearing Uke Ellington, you, and Kurt. Thanks again for the event.
~ Dick (Charles Richard...)

Last edited:
Yes, yes, and YES! Thanks so much Jay getting this Jam together. I really enjoyed seeing 'ol friends and meeting new. Thank you Ryan for bringing all your amazing vintage ukes to share with everyone. I've never been able to see so many amazing ukes in one place. What a great venue! I am looking forward to it again next year! Thanks again!

Thanks, Jay, for streaming the Jam on Google+ Hangouts. I was able to see and hear quite a lot before having to leave you. (You saw me on your end as Charles, which is who I am in Googledom.)

FWIW, the picture was OK, but the sound was a bit chirpy on the high end. (It could all be between here & there - 3000 miles- or on my end. Still, could we put your camera or laptop on a robotic pedestal next year so I can mingle? :))

I enjoyed seeing the nice ukes, & hearing Uke Ellington, you, and Kurt. Thanks again for the event.
~ Dick (Charles Richard...)

Hi Dick, glad you joined us! I did see various people popping in and out. This was purely and experiment to see if anyone could even join and see anything. Next year I'll bring my HD Webcam, although I don't think the sound will ever be great, I know the video can improve the HD and we'll have to see about the sound. That is very cool you were able to join us. Thanks!

Thanks to Jay, Ryan, and Allen for all their hard work in hosting a great day of music and socializing. Here are a few photos.

The Uke Ellingtons

attachment.php

Some vintage ukuleles

attachment.php

The Three (Moore Bettah) Tenors

attachment.php

Thanks, Jay! We really had a wonderful time in that incredible building, and it was great to see so many familiar faces and names there. Next time I'll bring the Bose system, too!

Also, I'd be happy to do a little workshop on an easy intro to chord melody jazz uke playing. I think I'll be doing some of that at Asilomar based on Ellington's "Mood Indigo". Jay, your building would actually accommodate offering a workshop period where you could have several things going on at the same time in different corners and rooms there.

What? I went to the link and it works, did you get a blocked message?
Interesting. I can access it from my PC, but when I try from the YouTube app on my phone it says "This video contains content from Fig Music LLC, EMI Music Publishing, Warner Chappell, UMG and CD Baby, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Wonder why it works on the computer but not the phone... oh well, at least I finally got to see the video! Great job, again! One of my favorite uke events of the year! Looking forward to the next one.

I'm getting the block now, but I'm glad because I don't have to listen to THAT song now. ;)

Top Bottom