Fingerpicking Ukulele - A Workshop with Mitch Chang @ Elderly in Lansing

mitchchang

Reaction score
Saturday , February 15, 2014
01:00 pm - 3:00 pm Location: Elderly Instruments ($40)
http://www.elderly.com/events/2014/event_page?eid=1057

Tired of strumming the same ol' chords everyone else in the group is playing? Want to perform at the local open mic but afraid people will suddenly excuse themselves from the room the moment you start singing? If you're stuck in a rut and ready to expand your horizons but don't know where to start, you'll want to join me for this workshop!

We'll work on building a firm fingerpicking foundation; I'll show you the one simple but most important thing you can do to increase your accuracy and comfort 100 times better than what you're doing now! You'll also learn the basics of combining harmony (chords) and melody into a complete, self-contained solo and I'll show you how to play it like a jazz guitarist would and also how a classical guitarist would approach it. You can do it - and all by yourself too!

If you've always wondered how 'they' do it, my easy, hands-on methodology will give you a fresh start in gaining a better understanding of the ukulele as well as the tools to work things out on your own time.

Hey Mitch, I'm in but there is no link to sign up that I can see?

Last edited:
Mitch,
I am interested in your class, but not sure if I can make it or not. I am currently on business travel and due to the storms I may or may not make it back to Michigan on time. Can I just call the store Saturday morning and see if there is still room in the class? Do you think there will be any spots left by then?

Hi Guys,

Yes, there is no sign up link, I think you're to call them to reserve. As of yesterday, there were about 5 more spots open but even if you called Saturday am and those are all filled, I don't see why we couldn't get just one more in there! Safe travels!

Top Bottom